-bored

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: -bored

Post by Enyo »

We've been fretting about the player count for something like 5 or 6 years now. It's always a worry, "will this be the year the game dies?" It ebbs and flows as regular as the tide, and I'm not convinced map availability affects player count that much. Our player count always goes down in the Summer, during the holidays and during football season, especially when big games are on several nights.

I don't understand not getting on because there's not a ton of players... if you join it, they will come. Besides, some of the funnest matches I've ever had were 5 vs 5.

And I'm not bothered at all if the schlubs leave when a map other than Ajunk/Djunk, MTMU, MB, MassD, Dria or Nevermore comes up. I'd rather have a more competitive 16 player match with mostly motivated players than a 32 player match with mostly long-time veterans that still play like noobs.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:45 pm ...
long-time veterans that still play like noobs.
Haha! My skills are definitely degrading, especially with all the new kewl-kid vehicles, 2nd seat know-it-alls, stuff I'm too lazy to learn, etc. LOL

leon

Post by leon »

Yesterday we played MTMU V12 - 15 ppl. Then they vote for MTMU V15, the same map with almost the same vehicle. I just left. They played 1 vs 1.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah that's the rub. Some want variety some want same 6 maps over and over and over...

In the end its a compromise, and sometimes someone's unhappy.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

leon wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:34 pm ...
I just left. They played 1 vs 1.
Aw that sucks leon. Don't leave. Cause it's so fun listening to you squeal with a Rusky accent. Haha

BTW: Where is our other Ukrainian, Shadow, these days? He's not nearly as fun as leon, LOL
ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:11 pm To me, the need for large rotation limits is strange. Have you ever played soccer? How many times do you complain that the pitch is exactly the same? Forcing large rotation limits so that a few players don't get bored seems very risky on a very sparsely populated server.
Agreed,

but it's FOOTBALL, not Soccer, it's real football which is played by foot only. :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

ankeedo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:53 am
FuriousRabbit wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:11 pm To me, the need for large rotation limits is strange. Have you ever played soccer? How many times do you complain that the pitch is exactly the same? Forcing large rotation limits so that a few players don't get bored seems very risky on a very sparsely populated server.
Agreed,

but it's FOOTBALL, not Soccer, it's real football which is played by foot only. :lol:
SOCCER is for weenies…

Proof: https://youtu.be/Lvdaibo9xZY
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
leon

Post by leon »

McLovin please go to my Facebook profile and see where I'm from and if you can please remember that because some people still think that I'm from Burma 😜😎.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

leon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:18 pm McLovin please go to my Facebook profile and see where I'm from and if you can please remember that because some people still think that I'm from Burma 😜😎.
Awe sorry leon, thought you preferred to be identified as Russian instead of Ukrainian. To us dumb mericans who are world geography challenged, up until the invasion it was all the same to us.

What city was Shadow from?

Leon is from:

ankeedo

Post by ankeedo »

McLovin wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:39 am
leon wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:18 pm McLovin please go to my Facebook profile and see where I'm from and if you can please remember that because some people still think that I'm from Burma 😜😎.
Awe sorry leon, thought you preferred to be identified as Russian instead of Ukrainian. To us dumb mericans who are world geography challenged, up until the invasion it was all the same to us.

What city was Shadow from?

Leon is from:

"To us dumb mericans who are world geography challenged, up until the invasion it was all the same to us." you are absolutely right :lol: :lol: