-bored

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
infinitecat

Re: -bored

Post by infinitecat »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:11 pm I still don't know how you score so high going to nodes Enyo. :) I go to the nodes, I just don't get as many points.
According to the Rankings data, Enyo is more of a node destroyer than a node builder. In fact, Enyo is a node destroyer par excellence.

Node Builder awards should rightfully go to Candylick, Zilch, Leon, Silence(808) and Player 24(?) in that order.
Last edited by infinitecat on Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

infinitecat wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:17 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:11 pm I still don't know how you score so high going to nodes Enyo. :) I go to the nodes, I just don't get as many points.
According to the Rankings data, Enyo is more of a more destroyer than a node builder. In fact, Enyo is a node destroyer par excellence.

Node Builder awards should rightfully go to Candylick, Zilch, Leon, Silence(808) and Player 24(?) in that order.
Yup… if you wanna make an omelette, you gotta break some eggs!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Looking at stats from last night, I see I didn't miss any good maps :lol: 10 minutes of masterbath, hours of tank wars
pooty

Post by pooty »

Nope.... and much really dumb play/strategy. I swear half the server just wants to drive around and Tank Deathmatch. Had that cutoff layout on Minus 8/9, watched THREE people on the team just drive right by the node as the enemy built it. :cry:
Tater

Post by Tater »

Minimize the amount of randomizers without driving the crowd away.

It's hard to play this game on a regular basis for a few reasons, one of the big ones is map rotation. Old dogs can't learn new tricks... or old tricks in our case? If we remove too many randomizers we lose too many players. I still think shortening up the map voting list would help significantly (randomizers and dead maps). Or add a tab that sorts by most recently added if that's possible.

I sometimes enjoy randomizers, always enjoy the updated 1-off maps you guys have that are out of heavy rotation. I never get any good recording material from randomizers because it's the same match every time. Feels like a job.

I'm part to blame for never voting, usually hurrying to do something between rounds.

This game is sadly one of the only games I experience actual teamwork. Gaurding 1 on Dria with a shock mech the other day, I had 4-5 guys looping in and out to keep charging me; I think because Leon said "Fak you Tater" ;) Ended up around 30 kills w/out dying. One of the biggest reasons I come back is teamwork; when people decide to play smart, engage nodes, and listen we have those actual GG's.
Hadn't really found another game like it that I enjoy.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Tater wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:15 pm Minimize the amount of randomizers without driving the crowd away.

It's hard to play this game on a regular basis for a few reasons, one of the big ones is map rotation. Old dogs can't learn new tricks... or old tricks in our case? If we remove too many randomizers we lose too many players. I still think shortening up the map voting list would help significantly (randomizers and dead maps). Or add a tab that sorts by most recently added if that's possible.

I sometimes enjoy randomizers, always enjoy the updated 1-off maps you guys have that are out of heavy rotation. I never get any good recording material from randomizers because it's the same match every time. Feels like a job.

I'm part to blame for never voting, usually hurrying to do something between rounds.

This game is sadly one of the only games I experience actual teamwork. Gaurding 1 on Dria with a shock mech the other day, I had 4-5 guys looping in and out to keep charging me; I think because Leon said "Fak you Tater" ;) Ended up around 30 kills w/out dying. One of the biggest reasons I come back is teamwork; when people decide to play smart, engage nodes, and listen we have those actual GG's.
Hadn't really found another game like it that I enjoy.
I was trying to grudge kill you with the odin link beam but since we were on the same team it healed you

:D