Recent Lag ... and what's being done.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Recent Lag ... and what's being done.

Post by pooty »

Its not currently running as far as I can tell. @ROGER?

It should report to both epic and openspy master servers (same as the current server) config looks like its all there.
EmanReleipS

Post by EmanReleipS »

pooty wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:08 am Ema have you gotten 30+ players on your new server?
I can finally report back for our performance with a full server. :D

Bitchslap
maximum cpu load: 49%
Did get some lag around the area where the wall in the middle ends. 3 instances of lag for me. Only 1 other player mentioned lag when I asked.

CaptainSors
maximum cpu load: 52%
No mentions of lag and I didn't notice any either.

Netspeed: 10001
Netcode: 90 or 100 (I increased it to 100 but does not seem to put it as new default minimum for anyone who already visited our server when it was set to 90)
UTComp version 1.38
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Roger says the server is on. I msg'd him in game 15 minutes ago. But when I go looking for it, I don't see it. Am I doing this correctly?

captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

McLovin! You are still using Epic's master server! ಠ_ಠ

It's right at the top.

I checked yesterday and it was not there in the morning. I think ROGER must have turned it on later in the day.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:45 am McLovin! You are still using Epic's master server! ಠ_ಠ
Please post instructions for switching to WTF Master Server we are all supposed to be using.

Man, we are gonna lose everybody come a few weeks from now.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Cleverly hidden in its own post -- instructions for changing over to the OpenSpy Master Server.
viewtopic.php?p=8329&sid=1bc1e9ce556a1c ... d156#p8329

https://ut2004serverlist.com/?page_id=22
ROGER

Post by ROGER »

Sorry, shoulda mentioned - Ill probably shut it off during the day when I am doing other work. I turned it back on last night.

This is currently served from a 300Mbs connection (up and down) via fios. Technically it should be enough.

The thing I am most wondering if the file system I am using on it fixes the case sensitivity issues.

Is it worth trying the ucc-bin-linux-amd64 version? I have read is more buggy...
pooty

Post by pooty »

The thing I am most wondering if the file system I am using on it fixes the case sensitivity issues.
It shouldn't be an issue. For the most part I am 99% sure its all fixed. That being said, I've run a few maps on it and seemed fine....especially the Minus-KS, and Dria-Randomizer they have the most packages (names) where case might be an issue.

Roger, what's the CPU hardware? I'd like to run a test one night where we automatically redirect to the linux server to test performance.
ROGER

Post by ROGER »

Roger, what's the CPU hardware? I'd like to run a test one night where we automatically redirect to the linux server to test performance.
Ryzen 5 3600X - it should scale to 4Ghz or so. It is on a really slow disk right now - I shut down the server for the next hour or so. I will move it to an ssd drive after I move some stuff around.
ROGER

Post by ROGER »

migrated to ssd and locked in CPU to 3.8Ghz... Added bots and set their skill to max, they are kind of annoying actually.