Recent Lag ... and what's being done.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
ROGER

Re: Recent Lag ... and what's being done.

Post by ROGER »

pooty wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:10 pm
Is there a way to make the ut2004-bin process the highest priority and other processes (like this web server a low priority)? Something like 'nice' on Linux.
Yes, we've actually paid our provider to give us high priority. You also can pin to a core in Windows, but I don't think I'd do that on a server, since I don't think you can exclude other processes from using it too. UT2004 on the client works better pinned to just one core-- it had no multi-threading.
Actually, I am not talking about pinning a VM to a hypervisor. On the windows server itself - can you run a process with a higher priority.. here like this -

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/420 ... nt-of-nice

other services like IIS or apache (what is running the forum?) set it to low, or move it somewhere else.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

We aren't running on VM. I don't know exactly how/what their 'high priority' is but we have it.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Is "Omni Test1" Roger's server? IP x.x.x.228
ROGER

Post by ROGER »

Anonymous. wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:19 am Is "Omni Test1" Roger's server? IP x.x.x.228
That is it.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Ok cool.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Lots of unregistered hits tonight for me. Was especially noticeable on Dria, Hsh, Starreach. One fight between anonymous and I in SR had us missing shots for a good 15 seconds lmao
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Super Sanka wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:55 pm Lots of unregistered hits tonight for me. Was especially noticeable on Dria, Hsh, Starreach. One fight between anonymous and I in SR had us missing shots for a good 15 seconds lmao
It's something with enhanced netcode after the first round ends, some sort of desync occurs :cry:
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

There is a list of every position kept track for the last 150ms or so.

It used to be for 350ms , but we figured out it ate a lot of cpu so we lowered it. I wonder if we need to increase it a little bit.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

I noticed recently the server's been having some hiccups. Since you don't have command line access, a while ago I suggested to rename ucc-win64.exe to ucc.exe (and backup the original), since the 64bit binary is much more performant than x86. Could you give this a try please Pooty?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

We should try this.

1) backup ucc.exe
2) copy ucc-win64.exe over ucc.exe
3) add "ini=ut2004.ini" to the command line

You could also copy ut2004.ini to ut2004-win64.ini, but NFO likes to mess with the ini file, so probably best to keep the ut2004.ini file name.