Recent Lag ... and what's being done.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Xexx

Re: Recent Lag ... and what's being done.

Post by Xexx »

Last night wasn't good for me, but I think there is some driver issue maybe at play too. I had a sound effect cause massive audio stutter and it wouldn't go away until after restart.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Xexx wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:51 pm Last night wasn't good for me, but I think there is some driver issue maybe at play too. I had a sound effect cause massive audio stutter and it wouldn't go away until after restart.
You also said the spider mines were broken. I think mine were too. I could pick up ammo but not the gun. Was that the same for you?
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:06 pm
Xexx wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:51 pm Last night wasn't good for me, but I think there is some driver issue maybe at play too. I had a sound effect cause massive audio stutter and it wouldn't go away until after restart.
You also said the spider mines were broken. I think mine were too. I could pick up ammo but not the gun. Was that the same for you?
Yup, couldn't pick up the spider mine gun.
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

Xexx wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:43 pm
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:06 pm
Yup, couldn't pick up the spider mine gun.
Spider mines are completely broke on this map, can't pick them up and didn't see anyone else use them either tonight.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

So the last 5 days I've been experiencing some really bad and inconsistent lag compared to the start of the month which was a sweet spot for me. I had heavy lag on bath last night but then very little to no lag on slated and bio. So strange.

Even on Gordon's tonight I felt like I was shooting through molasses at times and that map has zero custom vehicles.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Which is strange. Smaller number of players. CPU on the game server was < 30%. I had stat fps running and was consistently at 160 fps. I experienced a bit of lag and some uregs so I just don't know. I'll open a ticket with NFO to see what's up.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

lag sucks. You got any more of that enhanced net code?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Hasn’t been laggy at all for me the last several days.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think the other thing is people expect hitsounds, and they don't always play even if you're doing damage.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:58 pm I think the other thing is people expect hitsounds, and they don't always play even if you're doing damage.
Yeah this has confused me a few times. Good to know the hitsounds are, well... hit or miss and I'm not going crazy.