General Map Announcement Thread

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: General Map Announcement Thread

Post by pooty »

ONS-GuitarShop-v4 - Updated Draco, adjusted lighting in the cabinets so the badger isn't completely hidden/invisible now.

Wraith 1.61 - Fixed issue with linking ONSSpecialPowerNodes (used on several maps including Minus) where you can link any part (base, shield, sphere) of node. Also turned off Dynamic Light on missles and beam. Dynamic light can be pretty gpu/cpu intensive...and while the little glow those give off are not worth lag.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-HomeSweetHome-)o(-Xmas-V12 - Removed Steorra, replaced with Helios (similar, but not as OP). Teleporters to lights, removed the damage volumes around the lights, can get to 4/1. Added few more goodies (Jump boots, KegoWhoopass -- might be a bit much but lets see).
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

No Steorra?! Boo! :lol: Grab a mech or tank because you'll be worthless on foot now :cry:
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:49 am No Steorra?! Boo! :lol: Grab a mech or tank because you'll be worthless on foot now :cry:
Ok, the Keg-o-Whoopass makes up for no Steorra.

Next edit please add more weapon lockers! There is only one at the core.

I spent way too much time messing with the portals :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:02 am , replaced with Helios (similar, but not as OP). Teleporters to lights, removed the damage volumes around the lights, can get to 4/1. Added few more goodies (Jump boots, KegoWhoopass -- might be a bit much but lets see).
Teleports might could use a little rearranging... was kinda hoping it would be more like MasterBath where you can take a teleport path across the whole map to get to 4/1. As they are now, you have to fly into enemy territory to get to the teleport on the nightstand at 7 to get to 4. Tried several times last night and just got killed by Sanka in a mech almost every time before I could get to the first teleport. And the one time I did make it in, he saw me go in it and knew I was gonna be in the light and just lobbed a Flak Mech grenade up there for an instakill.

Maybe put a couple teleports in the middle somewhere that go to that nightstand and then can jump into the light? I know you don't want to make it too easy, but this map is too much of a stalemate at times, but could be faster action like MB with the right teleport setup.

Agree with snarf, Kegowhoopass helps make up for no Steorra.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Maybe put a couple teleports in the middle somewhere that go to that nightstand and then can jump into the light?
Did you try the teleporter at the light in the first room right out from the core? Use the jumper on the Russian? cookbook to get to the light, on the table above the first node. I wonder if that jumppad should be a teleporter instead?

The Teleporter to the left after you jump takes you to the enemy Nightstand...which is two way... so you can use your nightstand to the enemy first room...

However, the other teleporter on the other side of the first room light, facing the fireplace room takes you to the 4/1 light on enemy side -- There's no direct return, since you'll likely want to either attack or jump down, but you can use that light to go back to their nightstand (and back to your first room if you wanted).
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-MassDestructi)o(nWideSpread-V26 - Rebuilt Geo, cleaned up some floating items. Changed DarkPaladin to Turtle at the outside middle nodes -- should encourage more play than just 1/2 core.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:02 am cleaned up some floating items.
Thank you sir! :D
pooty

Post by pooty »

KopholusV2Omni 2.3
TimeBetweenDodges 2.5s. (Sorry Anon but you can't endless dodge anymore :( )
Increase boost a bit.
Reduced Minigun (it was mino minigun (19 pts), Badger(16pts), this is random between 16-19. So a little stronger than a badger, not as powerful as the mino minigun.
Increase health slighlty, more for the Human Viper(+50) since its a bit bigger.
Slightly bigger cylinder collision values.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Wraith 1.62 - Thought there was bug on damaging building nodes, but seems fine, however, I noticed, it wasn't healing a full strength-- adjusted so it heals at better than linkgun strength... about on par with LinkFlyer now. Increased the range of the link beam a bit... it was shorter than linkflyer, but now its longer (compensation that it only hits targets below.)

HelixESVOmni 1.22 I think I fixed the chutes not appearing on the server. I saw they worked fine on the Silva map, but not from vehicles, so changed an inventory setting to show them (hopefully).

ONS-Evergreen-p00tylicious-V5b - Fixed the bad spawns at 8 where you fall through the map.