YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Amalthea

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

My quick notes while I can remember:

-Full lockers (at least shock rifles)
-Light vehicle upgrade
-Maybe use those tall towers for something?
-Jump pads are core are awkward but i suppose they can be learned. They don't seem to jump you where you need to go though
-No nodes left recovery is extremely difficult
-Layout of weapons lockers in relation to spawn points is awkward
pooty

Re: Amalthea

Post by pooty »

Yes. Upgrade the vehicles a bit... Hellhounds instead of Benders, maybe 1 King Hell Hound. GoliathIIs. Draco might be good on this map.
I think the Jump Pads are broken.
Add a few more vehicles maybe 2 or 3 at core so you can stage comeback.

Yeah I was wondering about the towers... either open up the base for the nodes, or put something up there.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah, maybe even powerful jump pads that launch you up there and from tower to tower. Sniping is a weak move generally, but to have people up there with snipers, shock rifles or throwing down spider mines could give the flyers something to oppose other than giving "death from above" to the nodes.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

player starts should point to the weapon lockers.

The hills are steep, but that might be on purpose. It's easier to go one direction than the other.

I initially wanted to rq over no shock rifles :lol:

It's ok, but it will probably get played about as much as dark marsh on our server. Plan your effort appropriately.
pooty

Post by pooty »

V1 on the server
- Updated WeaponLockers. Every one has everyweapon, including Shock Rifle
- Adjusted Player starts so they face/node/weaponlocker vs. the seemingly random sprinkling
- Adjusted Vehicle Mix. Added vehicles to the core. Its not a "high powered" vehicle mix, and fast movers are still Raptors/Mantas.
- Randomized Node layouts.
- Rebuilt Paths/Jumppads didn't try them all I'm a coder not a tester.. but seriously let me know if some are broken.

Pretty minor changes, haven't done anything with the towers -- which would be cool, but lets see if there's enough interest to warrant the time.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So played it again yesterday, some liked it, some did not (mostly I think because it wasn't "high powered" tanks).

Suggestion to add a couple of mantas in the core. Maybe firefly/mirage manta (they are little faster and more nimble than regular manta).
Maybe remove the jumppads in the core..sometimes you accidently step on them and go and then have to walk back. They'd be better outside core walls.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The map is OK. I like that it's mostly regular vehicles. I do think we have better maps on the server that get less play. I only voted for it because I thought it was the other new map :lol: If I were paying you I'd pay you to work on something else :o 8-)
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:43 am The map is OK. I like that it's mostly regular vehicles. I do think we have better maps on the server that get less play. I only voted for it because I thought it was the other new map :lol: If I were paying you I'd pay you to work on something else :o 8-)
I thought it was the other one too! Aratheia vs Amalthea, easy mixup.

Didn't mind this map though, at least it wasn't MTMU. I agree with pooty's suggestions, need a couple mantas in the core and get rid of or move the jump pads.I kept stepping on them by accident, very annoying.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I will edit this one shortly. I will rename it to AmaltheaTowers vs. AratheiaComplex to hopefully keep them straight.
pooty

Re: Amalthea Towers

Post by pooty »

ONS-AmaltheaT)o(wers-V2 (Renamed)
- Added 1 Manta, 1 Firefly to Cores
- Moved Jumppads outside of cores