No Driver Damage

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

No Driver Damage

Post by captainsnarf »

Don't you hate it when you are driving your fresh new manta and a single rocket kills you, leaving the manta virtually untouched and enemy steals it? Or you switch to the turret in the classic leviathan while a tank is blasting you, and you die in the turret while levi still has plenty of health?

Download here - NoDriverDamage_1.0.zip

No Driver Damage - Drivers and passengers don't take damage when vehicle does. You can still get headshot, but splash damage won't hurt you.
pooty

Re: No Driver Damage

Post by pooty »

Mutator? I think we should have it. You can code up the vehicles to avoid it but what a PITA, as some are coded to not let passthrough damage and some aren't.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm, so I hacked this out in about 10 minutes this morning. Not entirely sure it works.

Here is the source. It's pretty simple -

Code: Select all

class MutNoDriverDamage extends Mutator;

function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant)
{
    local Vehicle V;
    V = Vehicle(Other);

if(V != None)
    {
        V.DriverDamageMult = 0.0;
    }

return true;
}

defaultproperties
{
    FriendlyName="No Driver Damage"
    Description="Vehicle drivers and passengers don\'t take damage when vehicle does"
}
Technically, each weapon on the vehicle is another vehicle, so it should work for the passenger turrets also, but I'm not sure it does. I'll test it later today and update it if needed. The update would be simple also, just loop through the vehicle weapons and also set DriverDamageMult to 0.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I'd vote to leave it as-is. It's annoying to be on the receiving end but to me it can be a feature from the attacking side. Kill an incoming scorpion with a shock ball above them, kill an enemy hoverbadger with a badger 2nd seat cannon, etc...
pooty

Post by pooty »

enemy hoverbadger
Yes. I think that's the one vehicle that gives me any pause on this. Hoverbadger has too high a health (600) for a manta, especially since it has a good one hit kill weapon on infantry.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, I can drop this one then. I got killed last night while in a vehicle by stupid rocket and thought enough is enough :lol:

The hoverbadger's vulnerability to it is why I never take it and prefer the regular badger.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:30 pm Ok, I can drop this one then. I got killed last night while in a vehicle by stupid rocket and thought enough is enough :lol:

The hoverbadger's vulnerability to it is why I never take it and prefer the regular badger.
Interesting, I'm the opposite. The hoverbadger might be my favorite vehicle on the server, if not then definitely near the top.

Hmm.. now I have a thread idea...