AratheiaComplex Map Feedback

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

AratheiaComplex Map Feedback

Post by pooty »

So it played pretty well for a first cut.
A couple of notes:

- Need to work on some surface collisions around the enclosed primary -- flyers can get stuck in balconies -- need blocking volumes on the balconies/ramps.
- Some stickiness in terrain around 1/2 -- not sure where exactly but a couple of folks mentioned it.
- Translocators available yes/no?

I think vehicle mix was decent and it was cool to see the other team use the reaper/predator passengers parachute out to nodes. Any suggestions for additions/changes for vehicles?
captainsnarf

Re: AratheiaComplex Map Feedback

Post by captainsnarf »

You mentioned the teleporter colors go certain directions that I already forgot which color is which.

One issue with some of the teleporters is that they are one way. They teleport you far away. If it was a mistake, you have to walk back because there is no return teleporter. It would be nice if there was a return teleporter. This will be less of an issue the more the map gets played and we become more familiar with where they go, but as a noob it was annoying to accidentally step on one and be lost.

An alternative to translocators could be adding a few hoverboards to each node.

For vehicles, we need lots of mega badgers and omnitaurs :lol: :lol: j/k! :) I actually wouldn't mind seeing even less powerful vehicles. Remove the Falcon from the core, and add two falcons at the center node instead. It would make going for the center line more meaningful.

As-is I think the center row is a distraction. Better to go up both sides and cut everything off and get the center for free than to try and go up the center and cut them off. Going up the center is the hail marry.
pooty

Post by pooty »

You mentioned the teleporter colors go certain directions that I already forgot which color is which.
Blue for up to the top (sky), red down low.
One issue with some of the teleporters is that they are one way.
Will double check. I fixed the ones at 4/8 it teleports you up to the turret (you can jump down). Not sure where the others are...but they should always have a way back -- I think there's the ones at the nodes(1/2?) inside the circle building (blue to the roof, red to the vehicle platform) if you go to the vehicle platform you have to walk back...but its not too far. Not sure where the others are. Need to figure why we need the red ones at the core..

Hoverboards at core, maybe 1 or 2 at some of the close side nodes.

Yeah I wondered at 11 (center node) it spawns a bender and scorp...should maybe have a reward vehicle...it does spawn inside though .. maybe Omega might fit here, or a more powerful tank. Also remember you can teleport into 11 via the teleporters at the mountain entrance. (so if say you roll the mino in there to blast the tunnel the teleporters work around that)

I kinda like the falcons at core, as they are good to help comebacks. I'd be worried if they spawned at the nodes, you lose both other team gets those falcons.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I don't forget, there's a couple of spots on the map with invisible barriers. 1/5 ish. Strange thing is nothing is there in the map editor... Have to rebuild it and see, either adjust terrain or put some rocks or junk there.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

pooty wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:16 am So I don't forget, there's a couple of spots on the map with invisible barriers. 1/5 ish. Strange thing is nothing is there in the map editor... Have to rebuild it and see, either adjust terrain or put some rocks or junk there.
Does it show up in orthogonal viewports?
pooty

Post by pooty »

No.

I think I've got it fixed though I changed how the BSP was built and altered the Minimize Cuts and Ignore Portals parameters.. not sure what they really do but seems to have fixed it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-AratheiaC)o(mplex-V2
- "Invisible" walls on hills fixed/removed.
- Added 2 hoverboards to each core
- Added Omega to node 11 (inside the mountain). 90s respawn time. This is a reward for building that node, and is either offensive outside it, or defensive to hold this node. Keep in mind you can teleport in there as well as come down the hallways.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ion Flyers, Falcons, Predators, Minos, Levis... I liked the original more. We've turned into an RMD server. I do greatly appreciate the effort. I guess it's what the players want.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I wasn't sure on the Omega, I wanted to put a reward vehicle at 11. Maybe its too much.
Snarf, you wanted less flyers or just less power? Its big map and without the flyers hard to get around. It definitely has a TMU style feel to it.

Others please chime in happy to modify the vehicle mix.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I wouldn't change it for me. I'm probably the only one complaining. Your vehicle edits are generally good and most people like them.

If I were to change it myself I'd probably replace core levis with bio tanks or something, then replace ion flyer with levi. I'm not sure if that even fits at node 11 though.