Random Server Crashes..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Random Server Crashes..

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:13 am Last night, 0 crashes (at least from 1:50pm Eastern) when I loaded the updates on the server.
So keeping my fingers crossed.

And yes the scoreboard glitch is still there, not sure why but will work on it as I get time, or maybe snarf knows... I wonder if we should just make a ONS UTComp scoreboard that shows PPH and shows 16v16.
The regular scoreboard shows 16v16 and PPH.

UTComp's scoreboard is hard coded to max out at 8v8. It's all GUI/HUD code, which is a pain to work with. A while back I started on fixing it but gave up. It's a lot of work for little benefit. The ONS scoreboard works fine.

I saw you changed a default somewhere to false for this. There is probably another default somewhere (that is set true?) which is loaded from the false value you changed.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I saw you changed a default somewhere to false for this. There is probably another default somewhere (that is set true?) which is loaded from the false value you changed.
Yeah I poked at it for a bit to try to find where it was getting set wrong, but the bEnableScoreboard turned off the color names which I missed to I put it back on. We might be able to just add in some code that says if GameIsA (Onslaught) = scoreboard and then the settings dont much matter.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:47 pm ...
Yeah I poked at it for a bit to try to find where it was getting set wrong, but the bEnableScoreboard turned off the color names which I missed to I put it back on.
Not a fan of the colored names on the scoreboard. They are hard to read and make everyone else's names smaller. No biggie, but I'd prefer they were gone.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:11 pm
Yeah I poked at it for a bit to try to find where it was getting set wrong, but the bEnableScoreboard turned off the color names which I missed to I put it back on.
Not a fan of the colored names on the scoreboard. They are hard to read and make everyone else's names smaller. No biggie, but I'd prefer they were gone.
I think the smaller names are caused by some players' ridiculously long names, i.e. YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :P
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

McLovin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:11 pm
You can change it in your F5 menu.

F5 -> Colored Names -> Show colored names on scoreboard
pooty

Post by pooty »

Day 2, no crashes yay! If we go the rest of the weekend without them, I'll declare success!
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

we need one of those "it has been X days since our last Y" signs
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Unfortunately we had a crash today.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Code: Select all

NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 24IPREDACTED:53167 03/18/23 23:20:10
Log: Opening user log ..\UserLogs\AntiTCC_2023-03-18_23-01_ONSOnslaughtGame_ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-V15.log
EvenMatchDebug_NotifyLogout: DEBUG: Rookie disconnected
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'FlakTurretAnim' not found for mesh 'FlakTurret'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'FlakTurretAnim' not found for mesh 'FlakTurret'
UTCompOmni_ONSGameRules_CheckScore: Finished Resetting ClientViews
AntiTCC: Saving Anti TCC log ..\UserLogs\AntiTCC_2023-03-18_23-01_ONSOnslaughtGame_ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-V15.log
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 70IPREDACTED:56765 03/18/23 23:20:49
ScriptLog: Reset Onslaught.
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 109592->108877; refs: 1591722
ScriptLog: Using Official Link Setup: Staggered
Warning: UTComp_ONSPlayerReplicationInfo ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-V15.UTComp_ONSPlayerReplicationInfo (Function UTCompOmni.UTComp_ONSPlayerReplicationInfo.ONSPlusFindPlayerStart:04DA) Accessed None 'SelectedPC'
Warning: UTComp_ONSPlayerReplicationInfo ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-V15.UTComp_ONSPlayerReplicationInfo (Function UTCompOmni.UTComp_ONSPlayerReplicationInfo.ONSPlusFindPlayerStart:04DA) Accessed None 'SelectedPC'
Warning: UTComp_ONSPlayerReplicationInfo ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-V15.UTComp_ONSPlayerReplicationInfo (Function UTCompOmni.UTComp_ONSPl
Yep similar crash end of round correct, except it really isn't end of round, its crashing on the beginning of the new round:
ScriptLog: Reset Onslaught
ScriptLog: Using Official Link Setup: Staggered
is the start of the new round; And the function we've been looking at has finished:

So time to dig into the starting round code a bit.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Log from tonights crash. Might be the most detailed.
----
EvenMatchDebug_NotifyLogout: DEBUG: BIG_FloPPies disconnected
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection laser_monkey's IP:61614 03/20/23 21:59:57
ScriptLog: Reset Onslaught.
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 101616->96797; refs: 1349249
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Nevermore-TMU-YEAAAHH-its-pOOtylicious-V15.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:0007) Accessed None 'Other'
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Nevermore-TMU-YEAAAHH-its-pOOtylicious-V15.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:000F) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Nevermore-TMU-YEAAAHH-its-pOOtylicious-V15.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:0017) Accessed None 'Other'
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Nevermore-TMU-YEAAAHH-its-pOOtylicious-V15.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:001F) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-Nevermore-TMU-YEAAAHH-its-pOOtylicious-V15.ONSOnslaughtGame (Function Engine.GameInfo.DiscardInventory:002A) Accessed None 'Other'
EvenMatchDebug_NotifyLogout: DEBUG: Laser_monkey disconnected
Warning: Invalid object index 32071688
Warning: This is: TcpipConnection Package.TcpipConnection
Critical: Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:.\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 464]

Its getting stuck on thinking it still has a connection but it doesn't
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UObject::~UObject
Critical: UNetDriver::TickDispatch
Critical: UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch
Critical: UpdatePreNet
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level Nevermore-TMU-YEAAHH-its-p00tylicious
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 2 GByte 4476 MByte 4194546 KByte 508 Bytes from HD took 6.304872 seconds (4.623849 reading, 1.681022 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 2.294016 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 03/20/23 21:59:57

----

Laser_monkey disconnect before end of round, the round ended (Reset Onslaught) and then The Notify_Logout for Laser_Monkey Happened...

function NotifyLogout(Controller Exiting)
{
	Super.NotifyLogout(Exiting);

if (PlayerController(Exiting) != None && Exiting.PlayerReplicationInfo != None ) {
		if (!Exiting.PlayerReplicationInfo.bOnlySpectator) 
		   if (bDebug) log("DEBUG: " $ Exiting.GetHumanReadableName() $ " disconnected", 'EvenMatchDebug_NotifyLogout');
		else if (bDebug) log("DEBUG: " $ Exiting.GetHumanReadableName() $ " Became a Spectator", 'EvenMatchDebug_NotifyLogout'); 
		// FYI I don't think NotifyLogout happens for specs  They aren't Logout, they just spec
		Rules.SetTimer(0.0, false);
		CheckBalance(PlayerController(Exiting), True);
	}
}

function CheckBalance(PlayerController Player, bool bIsLeaving)
{
	if (!bBalanceTeamsWhilePlaying || (Level.Game.bOverTime && !bBalanceTeamsDuringOvertime))
		return;

ActuallyCheckBalance(Player, bIsLeaving);
}
I don't see anything there to crash. I don't the Super.NotifyLogout is it (below), there's only Rules.SetTime(0.0, false) which clears timers, and CheckBalance which gets called, does nothing because !bBalanceTeamsWhilePlaying is !(false) = true, so it immediately returns. (True OR the rest doesn't matter)=True

/Notification that a player is exiting
function NotifyLogout(Controller Exiting)
{
    if (NextMutator != None)
        NextMutator.NotifyLogout(Exiting);
}
UTComp doesn't have any functions like that. Only other one would be UAdminMod which I guess I should track down the source there.