Random Server Crashes..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Random Server Crashes..

Post by pooty »

I should add I probably won't get to it until the weekend...
pooty

Post by pooty »

I removed the UTStats stuff from the server, since the stats DB is broken, so we don't need it until that's fixed.

CEONSS is running 1.34, we are running 1.37 UTComp. I don't think there's anything there that would cause a crash, esp since there's no enhanced netcode. Any other changes from 1.34 to 1.37 that might cause a crash?

Next Step is to either remove EvenMatchOmni or UTComp and test for crashes.
Snarf, do you know if we reverted to EvenMatchV2b2 it will mess up the stats? I know the KnownPlayers won't work and that's fine...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The differences between 1.34 and 1.37 are pretty minor, mostly scoreboard changes. I added the silent admin thing to change what is drawn on scoreboard. I made spectators load their config like regular players do so the scoreboard would be fixed (use regular scoreboard for spectators). 1.37 we made the pawn collision copy history length configurable. that shouldnt' cause crashes though.

I'm not sure if using the old EvenMatch will mess up the stats. Custom scoring won't work though, so no best 2 out of 3 anymore. A win in regulation time will be 2 points.

Is it still crashing?!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Is it still crashing?!
We had two crashes last night, and I didn't play very long. Enyo mentioned we were seeing some crashes still. I know the night after the last evenmatch change it ran pretty good like 8 matches in row no crash.

Might be easiest if it still crashes tonight, I'll just remove EvenMatch entirely less chance of corrupting the Balancing stats...
pooty

Post by pooty »

Tonight.. no crashes from 8pm to midnight (can't believe I played that long! :shock: )

EvenMatchOmni still on, UTComp on (no netcode though). UTStats is off...which does put load on the server...it has its own mutator to track scoring.

Also I think I reordered the Mutators on the Start Command line to

Code: Select all

UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod,UTCompOmni.MutUTComp,EvenMatchOmni.MutTeamBalance,CSBadgerFix.MutBadgerFix,CSVehiclePack.MutSnarfVehiclePack,Zound55.Zound
from

Code: Select all

UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod,UTCompOmni.MutUTComp,CSBadgerFix.MutBadgerFix,CSVehiclePack.MutSnarfVehiclePack,EvenMatchOmni.MutTeamBalance,Zound55.Zound
Wonder if that had any effect?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Please post up any crashes. If I am playing I try to grab the server log.

It doesn't look like any crashes last night.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Around 12:49am EST after 2nd round end at homesweethome
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ah ok, after I left, prior to that we seemed to do fine, several big 30+ player matches, Dria, Minus etc. Seems to be better than it was, but not quite perfect.

No error in the log.. it just stop in the middle of EvenMatch output. But we can keep track and if we can narrow down maps then either vehicles/mods we can hopefully find it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Anonymous. wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:02 am Around 12:49am EST after 2nd round end at homesweethome
Yep, this is another map that seems to crash quite frequently after one round.

Earlier, around 11pm, there was also a bit of lag that I and several players noticed. Not significant lag, but noticeable where you'd hit someone and there would be delayed reaction of them dying, or vice versa you'd get hit and there would be a delay in showing you were dead.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

CPU seems to track per player. And prior to 11pm or so, we seemed to be much less laggy even on Dria-Rando, Minus-Rando-KS, and DJY-Rando. Once we started Nevermore, the lag got worse. I did check the NFO Machine CPU and it was at 42% (that's the entire machine, not just our "game server") which is I think the highest I ever saw -- which leads me to think its the sharing the machine that's hurting more than anything.

I will say it was good to see 30+ players for several hours!

I wonder on HSH if the Mechs cause issues as that one is mech heavy (and pretty spammy to boot)?