UT3

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
COLDCUT

Re: UT3

Post by COLDCUT »

poof
Last edited by COLDCUT on Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

COLDCUT wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:36 pm omni coding staff needs to port over all the omini server maps to a UT 3 software so when it comes out we can all migrate to it .. i have the game . its soon to be free to download
they are dumping ut 2004 because it don't have parental controls . as for the mapped servers they didn't say if we can see them in the new ut 3.
UT 3 does not have any of our omni maps or gamage oh wait it does have one to come to think of it.
but many of ut 3 maps have been ported over /back to ut 2004
i have no idea what it takes to port a map .. do any of you?
That's basically the gist of my post. In 2007, I did port over a lot of the vehicles, and a map similar to ONS-Minus-TankMeUp. If you install the mod I posted you can play Minus-TankMeUp with a Minotaur in UT3. It's not all of our maps, but we do only play about 6 anyway :lol:

I doubt they will do much with UT3 X, other than integrate it with their online system. It will be the only UT available in stores though, which is sad. I started playing UT again about 3? years ago. If I tried today I couldn't do it because it's not available to buy.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Just hard to believe there isn't enough support for UE5 game.
COLDCUT

Post by COLDCUT »

poof
Last edited by COLDCUT on Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

McLovin wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:38 am
FuriousRabbit wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:14 am You guys are getting fucked by epic and you want more?
I have no love for Epic, or any other game company. Seems all anybody can produce these days are death-match games. Compared to team collaborative play like Onslaught, death-match is boring as F for me. I played Quake Capture the Flag for years, it was fun as hell. But when I saw Onslaught and vehicles I was instantly hooked.

Wish list for the next game I get hooked on:
1. Collaborative team play. (Not death-match)
2. Objectives
3. Vehicles
Did you ever play Starsiege Tribes circa 1998? It was CTF but you had 3 classes of soldiers, vehicles (maybe only flyers, I can't remember), and could build turrets, radars, etc. All classes had jump jets---light soldiers could fly all over, heavies barely at all. Scouts and heavies could team up with heavies launching mortars and scouts doing targeting. Had good teamplay including having a scout flying 4 heavies to an enemy base :D Then the developer decided to embrace a game-physics flaw allowing ``skiing''. This essentially allowed heavies to fly across the map without requiring teamplay. In my opinion, it ruined the game and I stopped playing. But I still have a lot of good memories... jump jets and spinfusors were a fun type of 1v1 combat that I haven't seen since. Basically, your jump jets would only last so long before you had to recharge them so often you'd hit the ground. The spinfusor was a projectile weapon and you'd try to hit your opponent just as they hit the ground. Sniper fire was tuned so it didn't work well for 1v1 (that was appreciated).