How to fix the "teammate can't hear you" audio problem in-game?

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

How to fix the "teammate can't hear you" audio problem in-game?

Post by McLovin »

This is specifically the problem that occurs when your teammates can't hear your audio. I'm sure this has been discussed before, and probably there are solutions to fix it in game by the enduser.

Scenario:
1. You are jibber jabbering away on audio to your team.
2. One or more of your teammates can't hear you.

I had this happen last night, and nothing I tried would fix it. I went from "team only" to "public" and back, nothing. I use the keyboard letter "I" and the letter "P". I even tried going admin mode, but that still didn't fix the problem. Dognuts was pissed that I wasn't communicating with him. The most frustrating part: I was, but he couldn't hear me. I was so engaged and struggling in the game I didn't have time to type a text explaining the situation. I think we were down a player and the other team was stacked.

What causes this again? Player 1 speaking on audio while Player 2 joins. End result: Player 2 can't hear Player 1?

And what's the work-a-round for this: Use audio as little as possible?
Enyo

Re: How to fix the "teammate can't hear you" audio problem in-game?

Post by Enyo »

This is a known bug that happens when someone joins your team while you're talking. Only those that joined while you were talking cannot hear you, while everyone else can. The only fix I know of is if the players that can't hear you disconnect and rejoin, and they need to rejoin while you're not talking. Or, wait until the next match and they'll be able to hear you again. You just have to put up with the repeated, "can't hear McLovin" and "still can't hear McLovin" and "I can hear him just fine."

I talk a lot, so this happens to me all the time. Not sure if there's any other fix that doesn't require more hours from the already overworked OMNI coding staff.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Canon Fodder

Post by Canon Fodder »

I've had happen to me. But for me, it's always my Razr headset just magically going into mute. Probably a hot key I'm hitting, I don't know. But that has been it for me.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Not sure if this would work, but something to try:

at the console

Code: Select all

disablevoicechat
enablevoicechat
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:28 pm ...
Not sure if there's any other fix that doesn't require more hours from the already overworked OMNI coding staff.
Yeah, I'm not asking for the coding staff to fix it. I thought maybe somebody already had a known "how to fix it" workaround. In the meantime, I'll do what I do in my house and my 1990 Acura Integra when things break that are not critical. I learn to put up with it the way it is. LOL