Don't Give Up on UT Yet!!!

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Don't Give Up on UT Yet!!!

Post by pooty »

Now half of them explode once destroyed
They all explode just like stock raptor, except for the Draco which has bigger explosion from all the fire fuel its carrying.

Spawn times for the various flyers are different, things like Omega, Ifrit, Aurora get longer spawn times, than others. And many flyers can one shot just like many tanks -- and there are maps without them, no one votes for them.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Enyo wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:09 am Snarf, I can’t believe you find playing the same ONS maps over and over any more boring than playing the same Freon maps over and over.
Every month, we rotate map packs to avoid playing the same maps all the time. We have 3 map packs in rotation. Now each map pack has Contrast because its big enough to support a full server and the community likes that map. There are a few other large maps that are in each map pack.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:56 am

And yea, SoL's freon where you appear somewhere else is superior imo. I still play on HoC more because I feel some loyalty to it being an admin on omni. Still hoping to get Carpe to come back some day :lol: He said he would! We'll see...
Hmmm, I'm a little put off by this. I'd rather you play on our freon server because you want to, not because you feel forced to. If you want to go play on Sol, go play there. Go play on Landlords - no hard feelings. We enjoy seeing you on our server and having you there, but I would like you to be there because you want to, not simply because you are an admin on omni and feel forced to. I play ONS, not because I'm an admin on HoC. I do like seeing Pooty, Ebno, Fuzzy, Enyo, you, Mclovin, furious rabbit, Xexx, Leon a few others there which is why I join. I just lose interest with all the tanks.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Is HoC Freon listed on the server menu? Maybe I've added the wrong one all this time...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:42 pm Is HoC Freon listed on the server menu? Maybe I've added the wrong one all this time...
You have to register on the HoC forum, have a member vouch for you and get the server password before you can play on HoC. See link for instructions, I'll vouch for anyone that's active on this forum:

http://forums.houseofcarpe.com/viewtopi ... 120&t=4572
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Terminator wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:04 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:56 am

And yea, SoL's freon where you appear somewhere else is superior imo. I still play on HoC more because I feel some loyalty to it being an admin on omni. Still hoping to get Carpe to come back some day :lol: He said he would! We'll see...
Hmmm, I'm a little put off by this. I'd rather you play on our freon server because you want to, not because you feel forced to. If you want to go play on Sol, go play there. Go play on Landlords - no hard feelings. We enjoy seeing you on our server and having you there, but I would like you to be there because you want to, not simply because you are an admin on omni and feel forced to. I play ONS, not because I'm an admin on HoC. I do like seeing Pooty, Ebno, Fuzzy, Enyo, you, Mclovin, furious rabbit, Xexx, Leon a few others there which is why I join. I just lose interest with all the tanks.
I don't feel forced Termi! :shock: 8-) If I see 8 people on HoC and 8 people on SoL I'd rather join HoC. I like the HoC players alot more, Termi included! :D You guys are all more fun to play with. I really appreciate your advice also. I'll never get that over at SoL! Maybe loyalty was the wrong word. More like friendship.
nautikal

Post by nautikal »

Enyo wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:23 pm I know we always have a dip in the daily player count during the holidays, but it seems a little more sparse now than in past years, and people are logging off earlier than usual.

I'm afraid the recent news about Epic shutting down the master server may be the catalyst for some long time players to finally hang it up. DON'T do it!!! Keep on fragging and keep the best FPS ever going.
dont worry, I will always be here to randomly shoot your flyer across the map with a goliath
Canon Fodder

Post by Canon Fodder »

So, is the Game Tracker links going to still work with the UT master server changes? I have this linked on my phone to see when the gang is playing.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... 3.41:7777/
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Canon Fodder wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:16 pm So, is the Game Tracker links going to still work with the UT master server changes? I have this linked on my phone to see when the gang is playing.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... 3.41:7777/
I would think so, I believe GameTracker tracks server activity via IP addresses and not through master servers.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

35 players on Dria last night. I think we are OK :)