Don't Give Up on UT Yet!!!

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Anonymous.

Re: Don't Give Up on UT Yet!!!

Post by Anonymous. »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:26 am 35 players on Dria last night. I think we are OK :)
We're fine for now, but eventually it'll be required to have a simple means for new players to join from a guide that could be found on the first page of Google that points them to a torrent/download with updated master server address. Next comes the issue of banning players without banning the shared CD key.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

Anonymous. wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:41 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:26 am 35 players on Dria last night. I think we are OK :)
We're fine for now, but eventually it'll be required to have a simple means for new players to join from a guide that could be found on the first page of Google that points them to a torrent/download with updated master server address. Next comes the issue of banning players without banning the shared CD key.
I made a special 'utcomp ban' that doesn't rely on the CD key. It can be worked around but will work for most players. As a last resort there is always IP bans.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:06 pm I made a special 'utcomp ban' that doesn't rely on the CD key. It can be worked around but will work for most players. As a last resort there is always IP bans.
Oh, that's nice then.