Don't Give Up on UT Yet!!!

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Don't Give Up on UT Yet!!!

Post by Enyo »

I know we always have a dip in the daily player count during the holidays, but it seems a little more sparse now than in past years, and people are logging off earlier than usual.

I'm afraid the recent news about Epic shutting down the master server may be the catalyst for some long time players to finally hang it up. DON'T do it!!! Keep on fragging and keep the best FPS ever going.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Re: Don't Give Up on UT Yet!!!

Post by captainsnarf »

I'm not sure how Kobra found this game and started playing. It's nice to have a new player 8-)

Instead of noping out of yet another tank battle, I admin forced Dreamus last night instead. I saw one player rage quit over it. It was either them or me, heh. I'll go play freon before I play minus junkyard all night.

If nobody is on I'll grudgingly play fortnite. It's absolutely an inferior game. It doesn't hold a candle to UT, but it's something to play player vs player. It doesn't make me smile like UT does. It gives me rage face :lol:
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Unfortunately this server's prime time is my prime "put the baby to sleep" time. It rarely works out anymore. Super bummed.

Maybe after the new year and we all re-orient our brains on our daily grinds again people will come back.

I'm definitely planning on going down with the ship! Spent 20 years on this thing...

Yeah Snarf, I started playing CS:GO again. By the time I can get online it's like 11pm and this game is still busy. It's an okay game but not nearly as fun as UT... Plus the way the game is set up as a blatant addiction machine leaves a bad taste with me.

You all should add Death Warrant: Monster Evolution to your favorites before the server closes (I'll say it again, it's not Monster Mash). That's a fun server and the people there are super dedicated.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Unfortunately, this may be all we end up with.

Does anyone play UT in their living room in front of the big-screen TV? The only way I've ever played is in front of my PC workstation.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:08 pm ...
You all should add Death Warrant: Monster Evolution to your favorites before the server closes (I'll say it again, it's not Monster Mash). That's a fun server and the people there are super dedicated.
Good idea. Post up your favorites before the server closes.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

All I can find is Death Warrant Monster Mash in the Invasion section. What me doing wrong?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:24 am I'm not sure how Kobra found this game and started playing. It's nice to have a new player 8-)
She said her dad used to play, NickB34 I think. She's 15, relatively new to the game, and sadly a better teammate than most of our long time players.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
ProtoDroidBot

Post by ProtoDroidBot »

infinitecat wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:44 pm All I can find is Death Warrant Monster Mash in the Invasion section. What me doing wrong?
IIRC, Death Warrant Monster Evolution is listed under the gametype "Assault"
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:24 am I saw one player rage quit over it.
If you're talking about me I had to fix my chair, took longer than I thought.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

infinitecat wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:44 pm All I can find is Death Warrant Monster Mash in the Invasion section. What me doing wrong?
It’s listed under assault. It’s team co-op. Team vs. map with RPG classes, ranks etc. saves your character as you build skills. Really fun when there are a few people in there. Only needs like 3+ players to have fun.