Server/Scoring Testing..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Server/Scoring Testing..

Post by pooty »

We want to test out some of the scoring, specifically the damage points, node build/destroy etc. and validate its working as intended.
We can't do this with bots we need live players.
At the minimum we'd need at least two, but better to have maybe four or so?

We'd just get on the server and chat via public and we'd setup scenarios and document.

Anyone up for this?

So dates could be this Sat or Sun (1/14 or 1/15) pretty much any time from 1pm Eastern onward... We can do other dates as well, but I don't want to conflict with normal game server time.
EmanReleipS

Re: Server/Scoring Testing..

Post by EmanReleipS »

I'm sort of out of the loop what you are testing here, but I'm generally available this weekend (it would be early evening for me). Just message me on Discord if you need a second person. If this concerns anything we are using on CEONSS as well, please send me a copy of your results. :)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, this would be for the custom scoring we use via UTComp, not sure Ema if you're using that on CEONSS. I'll post up the config and results when its done.

Update, we'd have to do it on Sunday as my schedule today filled up. But we really haven't gotten any volunteers except Ema.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:07 pm ...
Anyone up for this?
I'm up for it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I’m in. What time Sunday?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
EmanReleipS

Post by EmanReleipS »

pooty wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:28 am Yes, this would be for the custom scoring we use via UTComp, not sure Ema if you're using that on CEONSS. I'll post up the config and results when its done.

Update, we'd have to do it on Sunday as my schedule today filled up. But we really haven't gotten any volunteers except Ema.
The question of how UTComp scoring works has come up on our server as well, so would be interesting to test this.

Do you have a list of test cases to work through?
There might be some less obvious scenarios to try out, such as node isolation, killing someone near a node, vehicle linking, etc.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

EmanReleipS wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:41 am
pooty wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:28 am Yes, this would be for the custom scoring we use via UTComp, not sure Ema if you're using that on CEONSS. I'll post up the config and results when its done.

The question of how UTComp scoring works has come up on our server as well, so would be interesting to test this.

Do you have a list of test cases to work through?
There might be some less obvious scenarios to try out, such as node isolation, killing someone near a node, vehicle linking, etc.
The biggest thing to test for us is whether vehicle damage points are working consistently. I’ve personally observed where sometimes damage points don’t work at all. For example, we have it set to, I think, where you get 1 pt for every 500 pts of damage done. So, you take a 1000 pts off a mino and you get 2 pts even if you don’t kill it. Sometimes it doesn’t seem to work and you get no pts for damage.

You’re also supposed to get bonus points for destroying certain high value vehicles like minos and levis, but that sometimes doesn’t seem to work either.

I guess we’re trying to figure out 1) if in fact sometimes damage pts do not work as expected, 2) can we replicate it or is it random, and 3)why.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Here are the custom scoring values

Code: Select all

NodeIsolateBonusPct=20
If you sever a power node you receive this percentage of PowerNodeScore points.

VehicleHealScore=500
How much health you must heal a vehicle to receive 1 point. Vehicle must be occupied.

VehicleDamagePoints=400
How much health you must damage a vehicle to receive 1 point. Vehicle must be occupied.

PowerCoreScore=10
How many points you get for killing the core. This is shared.

PowerNodeScore=5
How many points you get for killing a node. As far as I know this is not shared. Last person to shoot the node gets these points.

NodeHealBonusPct=60
Extra points received for healing a node (percentage of PowerNodeScore).

bNodeHealBonusForLockedNodes=false
If false, no NodeHealBonusPct is applied for locked nodes.

bNodeHealBonusForConstructor=false
If false, the person starting the node does not receive NodeHealBonusPct.

Power Node scoring is as follows -
Person that touches the node to start it receives 50% of PowerNodeScore. The remaining 50% is divided between players that link the node.

We were talking about changing this
PowerNodeScore=5
How many points you get for killing a node. As far as I know this is not shared. Last person to shoot the node gets these points.
talk was to make it shared. I'm actually not sure why it's not shared, but we know it's not. The 'GameObjective' type that ONSPowerNode derives from has a 'ShareScore' method which does the sharing. I believe it is used by power cores but not power nodes.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I did change the values the other day, based on other thread

NodeIsolateBonusPct=25
VehicleHealScore=200
PowerCoreScore=20
PowerNodeScore=6
NodeHealBonusPct=85
bNodeHealBonusForLockedNodes=False
bNodeHealBonusForConstructor=False
VehicleDamagePoints=500
Maybe do some testing tomorrow say 1pm Eastern or maybe 4pm Eastern if that's better?
EmanReleipS

Post by EmanReleipS »

I'm hanging out in your Discord channel.