Server/Scoring Testing..

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Server/Scoring Testing..

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm, I think UTComp_Warmup.uc should not be in the build. The warmup feature was removed. That file should be deleted.

I copied the updated files from my UT2004 folder to my github folder for uploading. It mostly works but that process is not smart enough to know when I deleted a file.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I updated our github with the latest version of UTCompOmni 1.39, with all unused files removed. Sorry about that! There were 78 files deleted :shock: :D
pooty

Post by pooty »

oooh. I better grab that new config.
I got it complied removing the warmup and clan arena stuff...but I'll sync mine.
I've only modified a few files
MutUTComp.uc (bDebugLogging, and build number)
UTComp_ServerReplicationInfo.uc (bDebugLogging, so its replicated to clients if we want)
UTComp_ONSGameRules.uc

Its mostly ready for testing, but I can test here locally initially.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So a couple of weird items. I added bDebugLogging config param but it won't pick it up...I'll check it in shortly and maybe you can find it.
However, I hard coded it and this is what I've logged (classic mino vs classic mino)
ScriptLog: UTComp:ONSGameRules-Debug TrueVehicle Damage Points=327
ScriptLog: UTComp:ONSGameRules-Passed all DamagePoint Checks, Assigning OPGRI for PlayerName:p)o(Oty dealt 400 points of Damage
ScriptLog: UTComp:ONSGameRules-Awarding PlayerName:p)o(Oty Damage Points (1.00) for 400 dealt

I set DamagePoints to 327 (odd number so I verified its reading my config)

Oddity #1
This is where its confusing, those mino shots actually DID 1200 to the other mino, but the Damage Variable to award points only had 400 (not 1200), so there's some damage unaccounted for? Penetration? Splash?

Oddity #2
There's no accumulation. I used a Wyvern to kill the mino:

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: UTComp:ONSGameRules-Passed all DamagePoint Checks, Assigning OPGRI for PlayerName:p)o(Oty dealt 33 points of Damage
ScriptLog: UTComp:ONSGameRules-Awarding PlayerName:p)o(Oty Damage Points (0.00) for 33 dealt
ScriptLog: UTComp:ONSGameRules-Passed all DamagePoint Checks, Assigning OPGRI for PlayerName:p)o(Oty dealt 33 points of Damage
ScriptLog: UTComp:ONSGameRules-Awarding PlayerName:p)o(Oty Damage Points (0.00) for 33 dealt
More lines, of same thing, left out for brevity.
As you can see, it never gets any damage points because it only does 33 shot, and it never gets added up. Shouldn't there be some variable on PRI that stores damage total(s)? Should have been 33/327 = 0.10 not 0.00.

If not the way it works now is you only get the damage points if you do more than the value (327 on my test server, 400 or 500 more recently on the server) in one HIT. So this would really skew points toward mino/levi/ion whores.

I have to run to the airport to pick up someone, but I'll check in what I've got.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The mino does 335 points damage, times 3.

The times 3 comes from the mino actually shooting 3 projectiles at once, similar to the flak cannon, except there is no spread so the projectiles are all on top of each other.

I noticed this bug:

function AddVehicleDamageBonus(float Bonus)
{
	PendingVehicleDamageBonus += Bonus;

if (PendingVehicleDamageBonus >= 1.0)
	{
		Level.Game.ScoreObjective(self, PendingVehicleDamageBonus);
		Level.Game.ScoreEvent(self, PendingVehicleDamageBonus, "hurt_vehicle");
		PendingVehicleDamageBonus = Max(0.0, PendingVehicleHealBonus - 1.0);
	}
}
Should be

PendingVehicleDamageBonus = Max(0.0, PendingVehicleDamageBonus - 1.0); //oops was copy/paste  PendingVehicleHealBonus
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok I checked in an updated ONSPlayerReplicationInfo class with that fix.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The mino does 335 points damage, times 3.
Yep which is 1005, so not sure why it shows only 400, in my example it should have been 1005/327 = 3.07 pts.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm there is an additional 1.5 multiplier towards vehicles that comes from the DamageType.

So it's 335 * 3 * 1.5 = 1507.5 damage to vehicles
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:47 pm Oddity #2
There's no accumulation. I used a Wyvern to kill the mino:

As you can see, it never gets any damage points because it only does 33 shot, and it never gets added up. Shouldn't there be some variable on PRI that stores damage total(s)? Should have been 33/327 = 0.10 not 0.00.
Sometimes damage pts are awarded on accumulation, 100% sure if it. I’ve watched the points tick up while shooting a Levi with a Falcon on multiple occasions. And at times I’ve watched the score stay the same while shooting a Levi with a a Falcon.

You even mentioned in a previous post that Hurricane lasers gave you damage points, that would have to be through accumulation of damage done, right?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sometimes damage pts are awarded on accumulation, 100% sure if it.
Not right now it doesn't. 99% sure based on this:
PendingVehicleDamageBonus = Max(0.0, PendingVehicleHealBonus - 1.0);

The accumulation variable was wrong.
You even mentioned in a previous post that Hurricane lasers gave you damage points, that would have to be through accumulation of damage done, right?
Yes, but doesn't make sense... theres more than few things going wrong at once.

On this
dealt 400 points of Damage
got to be somewhere its maxing out, and isn't 400 the default damage points?

I still can't figure why the debug value isn't getting picked up.

I can test it all locally now, so I will poke at it some more when I get a chance.