CHEATERS!!!

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Colbye
Server Sponsor: Yes

Re: CHEATERS!!!

Post by Colbye »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:12 am It does seem like certain players on the DM servers have wall hacks. There is *no* way they saw me, yet I'll eat triple rockets turning a corner.

I guess they were spamming rockets around a corner, but that's a lot of rocket spam then. You would run out of rockets if you did that around every corner. I suck though, so what do I know.
And yet, according to you they don't cheat.
HEAD CHEESE
captainsnarf
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

You missed the last part where I say "I suck though, so what do I know".

The better I get the less I think people are cheating. It's like Joe&Kameltoe accusing everybody. I was there too, a long time ago.
Colbye

Post by Colbye »

K
HEAD CHEESE
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Colbye wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:56 pm And yet, according to you they don't cheat.
It's nuanced. The players are both very good but might also cheat for an extra 10% (who knows for what reason).
pooty wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:37 pm
Maybe it’s just superb map knowledge.
Not much different than Xexx or Army in the mino on Alienhop, they know right where to aim.
I'd characterize it as extremely good anticipation. You see it in other sports too, such as squash. I remember matches between a top player and a very good player. The top player seemed to understand or anticipate the movement of the opponent even better than the opponent understanding himself. It's another class of play. You can see some of the same while spectating SoL or HoC. Also, very refined movement and weapon switching (again anticipating need). But too often, in the split second you jump across a corner, you succumb to a head shot. I suspect *some* of the pros are sometimes using wall hacks.

FWIW, I don't suspect anyone on OMNIs server of cheating, at least not to any advantage (Lol... see Pooty's earlier post). Every time Anon head shots me while I'm mid-air (happens a lot :cry:) I think back... yeah, I was just coasting. And I know he's tuned every last bit of his setup. I wouldn't be surprised if he had custom 12 inch cables, just to minimize latency. And even Snarf hits me enough times mid-air to piss me off :P.
pooty
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Told this before, had a friend who was very good...we were LAN gaming and he was mopping the floor with us. Of course he got accused of cheating, so he said "I'll play on your computer" and he played on mine... and proceeded to mop the floor with us. So all of us have varing levels of talent, reaction, experience that comes into play. I have a friend who's "pro" level boxer/MMA guy, I don't think I could ever land a hit on him..and he's not hacking (jacked)... just good and lots of practice.

Not sure it'd even be any fun to cheat here anyway. No street cred to being the king of UT2004.