Bittersands Edit/Feedback...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Bittersands Edit/Feedback...

Post by pooty »

Going to redo Bittersands, the stock version is on there now..but need vehicle rework.
https://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-t ... ittersands

I am think of NOT randomizering it, but rather just vehicle edits.
Scorpions replaced with Badgers, updated Tanks, some updated flyers
Mino yes/no? I think it works here.
Should have some key flyers but more of a tank map, think 3 or 4 to 1 ratio of ground vs flyers. Goal to keep the flyers less OP, maybe something like Falcon and such at the cores/primaries. Its a big map and too many flyers just make the grounders useless, and my intent isn't to make it a flyer map.
I think LinkNuke works on this map...
Definitely deemers/painters.
Going to try boats for fast moving on the perimeter.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Bittersands Edit/Feedback...

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

EONS Scorp and Tarantual for sure. Otherwise they'll take forever to get from node to node. I think the Mino can definitely work.

I don't have any ideas but if that center indoors area can get utilized somehow. Maybe it spawns mechs or something? Like it's the mech factory... Or maybe it spawns something crazy like four minos with a 10 minute respawn time. Something to make that area special or valuable. In that case the cores had better have bio raptors.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I agree with YEAAAHHHHHHH, Mechs would be cool.

I personally don't like the Link Nuke very much, I'd prefer to leave it off. It was a cool idea, but it changes the dynamic of play too much, way more than any OP vehicle. For some reason the dunderheads like to camp it and usually die before they get anywhere with it, or stupidly use it to destroy nodes instead of build them. All it takes to jack up the balance on a map like MTMU KitchenSink is for one team to have a noob constantly camping/wasting it while the other team lets leon have it over and over. It's also buggy, sometimes flipping nodes, and sometimes it kills the player using it.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm, I think I'm the opposite about the center indoors. Strategically it connects to important nodes and is already very valuable to capture. Getting mechs and minos also for capturing it will make it even more important to capture. The strategy will revolve solely around capturing the center.

I kind of like how it is now. It's important to capture the center, but the other team can go around it and cut it off if they are persistent.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I kind of like how it is now. It's important to capture the center, but the other team can go around it and cut it off if they are persistent.
Kind of what I figured with Mino at core, you could take it to the middle and hold that...at the same time the perimeter is now pretty vulnerable...
Maybe some mech or two at a couple of the side nodes so that you could fight it out in the middle with them ( I think they will clear the ceilings, and I wonder if you could get snipertron up the chimneys...)

I'll play with a few things if I get a chance, after loading the zounds.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I tried the Mechs...yikes..trying them to walk or snipertron flying up the middle hills about half the time they sink through the terrain and fall through the map. Doesn't seem to happen with other vehicles just the Mechs, at least Linkatron and Snipertron. Not sure why they don't collide like the other vehicles?