Vehicle spawn protection

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
Miauz55555

Re: Vehicle spawn protection

Post by Miauz55555 »

Actually:
On a map you could use Crushas vehicle factory to spawn protect it for a certain time which is editable.
As a serveractor there is one which is healing a vehicle when it's locked with a certain among of HP in time.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

On a map you could use Crushas vehicle factory to spawn protect it for a certain time which is editable.
Right but its just a regular tank factory on the Masterbath map... so we're a bit confused... I suppose you could edit the code in the map itself.
Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 »

I think so, too.
You could copie an actor to notepad and than back into the map with changes. We used to use that when we wanted to have stacking relics.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I think the powernodes in masterbath are custom. They have half health capacity but it's not something you can set in the editor as far as I know. When I made ons-ganjasroom I wrote my own scripts to do the same thing and embedded them in the map.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah theres custom power nodes in one of the packages (OnslaughtSpecials2 I think), where you can set them in the editor. That package is on the server.

The spawn protection is definitely there though, and not just tank, Spoon! and I tested it out earlier today on MB. Seems to be for all vehicles too, at least on MB. We were going to try it out on Minus but it drew in players...
Miauz55555

Post by Miauz55555 »

OnslaughtSpecials2 is great .. you can set HP repair time, repair multiplicator and so on.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So its seems to be built into the game, not sure how its controlled though...

I also verified it yesterday during TAL, I tried spawn killing the ion, but the first two tank shots = 0 hits, third registered.

We can think of it as an anti-Xexx measure.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:16 am So its seems to be built into the game, not sure how its controlled though...

I also verified it yesterday during TAL, I tried spawn killing the ion, but the first two tank shots = 0 hits, third registered.

I don't really have a problem with vehicle spawn protection for unused vehicles, but once someone gets in and starts driving/firing, there should be no spawn protection.

Speaking of spawn protection... for players, I know if you start shooting you lose the protection, but you seem to lose it by just switching weapons. Is there an easy way to change it so you can switch weapons without losing it. And sometimes it seems spawn protection doesn't work at all. And I swear occasionally a tank/mino will spam a node right after you spawn and before you've even gotten your bearings, much less pick up any weapons and fire, blammo and you're dead.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:12 pm
pooty wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:16 am So its seems to be built into the game, not sure how its controlled though...

I don't really have a problem with vehicle spawn protection for unused vehicles, but once someone gets in and starts driving/firing, there should be no spawn protection.

Speaking of spawn protection... for players, I know if you start shooting you lose the protection, but you seem to lose it by just switching weapons. Is there an easy way to change it so you can switch weapons without losing it. And sometimes it seems spawn protection doesn't work at all. And I swear occasionally a tank/mino will spam a node right after you spawn and before you've even gotten your bearings, much less pick up any weapons and fire, blammo and you're dead.
Mine doesn't go away with switching weapons. If being spawnkilled, I'll dive for the locker, switch to the RL and still be able to charge a triple rocket before it goes away.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm, I can't really figure out how it works either :lol: I might need to go digging through the maps in the editor.

Vehicles have a 'bSpawnProtected' flag, but it only seems to be set by ASVehicleFactory class (from Assault game mode). I can't find where it actually gets set for ONS games.