Evergreen ...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Evergreen ...

Post by pooty »

Yes the big green map.

There's the Turbo-K version, which does need some vehicle tweaks to the common ones (eg. Falcon, Benders). Some expressed some preference for keeping it as is.. which is fine we can keep that version.

I want to give this one a work over, there's a whole side of the map that's basically un-used (has a stonehenge like thing). So I was thinking add a few more nodes, redo the node layout, and add some of the newer vehicles.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Evergreen ...

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah funny you mention that, I flew over to the East side tonight and noticed it probably had nodes at one point.

I think it's pretty cool, it's just that the commute times are HUGE. It's worse than MagicIsle (do we even have that map anymore?).

I don't know what the remedy is for that. Or maybe it doesn't need one.
pooty

Post by pooty »

We still have MagicIsle.
I don't know what the remedy is for that. Or maybe it doesn't need one.
I would think a good node setup would help this. A progressive linking with a few key cutoffs, you need a cutoff or two on larger maps to allow a turnaround vs. just a ladder type setup where if you lose say 8 of 10 nodes you're kind of screwed.

Faster vehicles, and perhaps even a teleporter (vehicle teleporter) in key spots also helps with commute. I can put the stargate teleporter (like in Grit) at a couple of spots to help too. Not to mention fast flyers and faster ground vehicles (Dark Levi, Dark Paladin) etc.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-Evergreen-p00tylicious-V1

So added nodes to the "east" side. Changed the node layout (obviously).
Updated the vehicles:
- Standard versions where needed. (HellHounds, KHH etc.)
- Added Starbolt, Predator at core(s). Still has falcons and aurora/skyminer
- Added Missle tank at core(s)
- Most nodes have some sort of anti - air vehicle, and mantas, lower level flyers (raptor/cicada).
- Each side primary has a Dragon
- A few more tanks, few less Mantis

Its a bit unsymmetrical, but the lack of use of the one side of the map always bugged me.

Removed the decorative Foliage. For those that don't know if you have foilage box checked in your Display settings it shows "extra" graphics that are decorative..on this map tons of grass/trees that you can't see through... so you'd get a different experience with foliage on vs. foliage off. On my update its the same.

We can see how it plays... and remember its a V1!

The TurboK version is still there for those that like it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Any feedback?

I've played it twice and both times pretty lopsided. Could just be the map, big map when you lose most of it...yikes.

One thing to note, Node 4 the high node is always unlocked. You can't tell from the minimap -- which seems like that would be a cool thing to fix, since most won't realize that. Not sure if you could just build 4 and get a cutoff, but that's interesting IMO.

I need to put a jumppad in at the stonehenge node to the Odin.

Suggested maybe some hoverboards at the core as well.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:40 am Any feedback?

I've played it twice and both times pretty lopsided. Could just be the map, big map when you lose most of it...yikes.

One thing to note, Node 4 the high node is always unlocked. You can't tell from the minimap -- which seems like that would be a cool thing to fix, since most won't realize that. Not sure if you could just build 4 and get a cutoff, but that's interesting IMO.

Maybe there should be more flyers that spawn at secondary or even tertiary nodes? I realize that means if the enemy captures those they then have even more flyers, but part of the problem on this map is that most of the really good flyers spawn at the core and it takes forever to get anywhere useful from there.

I dunno, this map is so big it may not matter what you do, once the primaries fall it’s all but impossible to get them back. But to my point, even if you get the primaries back there’s not much that spawns at them to help get the secondaries back.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Enyo wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:10 pm
pooty wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:40 am Any feedback?

Maybe there should be more flyers that spawn at secondary or even tertiary nodes? I realize that means if the enemy captures those they then have even more flyers, but part of the problem on this map is that most of the really good flyers spawn at the core and it takes forever to get anywhere useful from there.

I dunno, this map is so big it may not matter what you do, once the primaries fall it’s all but impossible to get them back. But to my point, even if you get the primaries back there’s not much that spawns at them to help get the secondaries back.
Perhaps "free" nodes that only link to your core? So no matter what happens you have your core, and one or two other nodes. Kind of like what happens on Minus Randomizer sometimes.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Perhaps "free" nodes that only link to your core? So no matter what happens you have your core, and one or two other nodes. Kind of like what happens on Minus Randomizer sometimes.
Might be worth adding in that node, there's plenty of space in the map.... maybe the slower vehicles (eg. mino can go there for faster deployment)
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

I haven't been able to play it yet so take that into consideration.

If commute times are an issue, then this could also be a map for the starbolt and wyvern to shine. The noderunner seems quicker than most flyers, too. But it seems to get caught up on bumps easily.

The tiamat could be swapped for the dark tiamat or whatever it's called if that hasn't been done already.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yep I put in the Dark Levi because its fast. Starbolt is on there already at the cores.
Might need some more play...