Evergreen ...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Evergreen ...

Post by pooty »

So a few changes to make..

More flyers.. even add in the bombers..they are fast and work well. Adjust vehicle mix to account for any distance unevenness.
Benders seem to be good.
Move node 3 so its more centered/travel time from other nodes, might need to adjust too with terrain (meaning open area could be farther than area with hills)
Fix node 4 so it locks normally.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I’d recommend a wyvern too, something else that’s nice and zippy.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's too big for tanks. You'll spend all day pushing a tank around before you even see anything to shoot at. It's very boring because of that. Make it into a flyer map. Give it a vehicle layout similar to slated world - mostly flyers with a random anti-air ground vehicle here and there.

Even with those changes it will still be pretty unfair. The map is too asymmetric. There are strong sides, and then there is this map. Teams aren't always balanced so maybe it will work out. Maybe you can give the weaker side (arecebo side?) stronger vehicles to make up for it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah I think the occasional tank/ground vehicle will be there for node defense vs. travel... and every node should have at least 2-3 fast movers (flyers/mantas). Some of the tanks/truck are pretty good in the right spot, there's good spot on the hill by 8 and another around three thats good for the snipers. But overall I think this should go more of a slated world type of feel.

The other option would be to put in vehicle teleporters at certain spots, those can be set for ground vehicles only. Maybe get you through the big hill at 4? But lets try the flyers first.

I don't think the symmetry is that bad, I am going to move node 3 its too close to the one side, and I think changing up the vehicles willl help quite a bit. Also making node 4 work normally will help, but I think there might need to be another cut off, or maybe three routes to the cores, instead of the two choke points.

And yes, I think that putting slower vehicles on nodes closer vs faster on the farther nodes will help, but much of that too was terrain going from 1 to 3 had a wide open space, easy to get picked off.. but in a flyer you have more advantage there.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok I tweaked this quite a bit... made node layout more symmetric. Node 4 always shootable fixed.
Added more flyers. Added Dropship and Q36 at cores, if there was ever a map for those this is it.

It probably needs a few more vehicle tweaks, but every node has at least 2 flyers. After some play we can figure a better vehicle mix.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think vehicle mix was ok, there were plenty.

Node layout needs at least one more cut off, or three paths to the core, it stalemated too much at 3/4, have to think about it a bit. Might even have to add another node between 5/6.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Friggin love the dropship. I had a couple fun mino drop moments.

Is there a link badger anywhere on this map? That might help tip the tug of war.... whoever can take the time to get it to a node gets the reward.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Is there a link badger anywhere on this map? That might help tip the tug of war.... whoever can take the time to get it to a node gets the reward.
There is, I don't remember where. I remember killing one. Maybe adding another? I do want to change up the node layout a bit more, I think there needs to be the three paths, with a cutoff so you have to coordinate.

I also think I need to check the vehicle loadouts at 8/9 those are primarily the 1/3/2 fallbacks. Need some fast movers. This map does cater to twin beams (mantis, benders) and such to repel the flyers.

This map requires team coordination, I also remember that Snarf mino'd node 5 while I built 4 and that was critical.

Drop ship will also take the Pallas.... need to put that on one of the big hills... although its killed easily from flyers.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:29 am I do want to change up the node layout a bit more, I think there needs to be the three paths, with a cutoff so you have to coordinate.
Agree on having three node paths, the way it is now became too much about just suppressing node 5 while everyone else attacks node 3. And the node layout should be symmetrical even though the map isn't. The side with 2 nodes connecting to 3 has the advantage since you have to take down both connecting nodes to lock it and the other side only has to kill one node.

Overall it's much better now with the added flyers.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

The side with 2 nodes connecting to 3 has the advantage since you have to take down both connecting nodes to lock it and the other side only has to kill one node.
Yes, I'll address that with the node layout fixes. I think the idea is to have separate "battles" for key nodes... you can load up one side but then lose one of the other paths. Plus I think a cut off is good too.