Alternative Vehicle ideas...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Alternative Vehicle ideas...

Post by pooty »

So working on the Draco Smokescreen has given thought to a couple of other ideas (in no particular order)

A bigger version of the WebCaster. So those that don't know the Webcaster Scorpion fires a web of strands (vs. line from just scop) that are sticky and can actually hold smaller actors from moving. It'd be cool to have a tank that fires off a bigger version that could potentially immobilize (or at least slow) vehicles for a few seconds.

Might be fun to have an immobilizer nuke... either nuke type or EMP type that just "freezes vehicles" for a few seconds.

I'd also like to make the EMP destructible..meaning you can shoot it enough and it blows up...vs now where once its hit you're locked out and nothing you can do.

Not sure if its doable, but might be also fun to have a vehicle that can build a destructible shield/wall. So think that you place it on an area and it can block shots/vehicles for a period of time or until it takes x damage. Maybe it only has limited ammo or takes long time to do it.

I'd still like to make the spider tank able to climb vertically.
McLovin

Re: Alternative Vehicle ideas...

Post by McLovin »

What was the nuke called that kicks everyone out of the vehicle, (parasite bomb?), locks it for a few seconds. Allows the enemy to steal it when it unfreezes.

That was so fun detonating it on the enemy mino, killing the mino whore driver, then stealing his ride. LOL

If we would bring these back, I think it would be hella-funny.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

McLovin wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:40 pm What was the nuke called that kicks everyone out of the vehicle, (parasite bomb?), locks it for a few seconds. Allows the enemy to steal it when it unfreezes.

That was so fun detonating it on the enemy mino, killing the mino whore driver, then stealing his ride. LOL

Hmm, that sounds like the EMP. It's on MassD and a few other maps.

I think it's way too OP myself. It lasts too long. Match is over before your vehicle unlocks.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:28 pm I'd still like to make the spider tank able to climb vertically.
YES PLEASE!!! I love the spider, one of the best anti-air vehicles on the server. Always thought it was kinda dumb it can't climb for shit, but there's benders and scorpion variants like the mantis that can climb walls. I suppose it's a different challenge getting it to climb vs a wheeled vehicle though. Would love to see this happen!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:10 pm
pooty wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:28 pm I'd still like to make the spider tank able to climb vertically.
YES PLEASE!!! I love the spider, one of the best anti-air vehicles on the server. Always thought it was kinda dumb it can't climb for shit, but there's benders and scorpion variants like the mantis that can climb walls. I suppose it's a different challenge getting it to climb vs a wheeled vehicle though. Would love to see this happen!
Yeah get that thing on the ceiling too.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Or a web-like grappling gun to stick it to a wall/ceiling
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:12 pm
McLovin wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:40 pm What was the nuke called that kicks everyone out of the vehicle, (parasite bomb?), locks it for a few seconds. Allows the enemy to steal it when it unfreezes.

Hmm, that sounds like the EMP. It's on MassD and a few other maps.

I think it's way too OP myself. It lasts too long. Match is over before your vehicle unlocks.
The parasite bomb was on a variant of NightWolf and was on top of the core. It was difficult to get, you had to use a flyer to get up there and sometimes you fell off without the bomb and the flyer was wasted staying up there. Most didn't know how to get the bomb so only a select few knew how and used it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The EMP is cool, but should have some way to disable it, or at least reduce the lock out time.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:14 pm The EMP is cool, but should have some way to disable it, or at least reduce the lock out time.
It opens a mini-game where you have to solve a wordle or rock paper scissors or something.