Damage Reductions...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Damage Reductions...

Post by Enyo »

Pooty, Rhamp and I were talking last night and we both agreed the Arbiter totally sucks now. I get not one shotting every flyer, but it doesn’t stand a chance against anything with lasers now. Starbolt, Phoenix, Dragon and Bombers all chew it up now without worry of being killed by it.

I think the rate of fire needs to increase, and it should probably now have the same boost speed and distance as the other bombers so it can get away long enough to possibly maneuver for a second shot. As it is, you get one shot off, which never seems to one shot even the Starbolt anymore, then you’re dead before you ever get off shot 2. And the primary fire is still completely useless.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

Completely agree with everything here. Making it into a flier with the mobility of the other bombers so it can keep its range so that it lives long enough to shoot again is necessary to make it even worth getting in. I've been trying the default fire that shoots plasma for shooting ground targets and I feel that those damage numbers can be bumped up slightly. By comparison, the other bombers absolutely demolish anything their bombs touch, so making the plasma shots do something beyond tickle damage would be nice.
pooty

Post by pooty »

so making the plasma shots do something beyond tickle damage would be nice.
Is 282 pts vs. vehicle tickle damage? If all six plasma bolts hits that's what it does...

For V 1.45 (will be on server shortly)

I'll up it a little bit since if you're moving its hard to get a six hit. Each bolt does 30 now (52.5 vs vehicles). Increased rate of fire slightly as well. Full hit will do 315 to a vehicle...

With respect to Rail Gun, I've increased it just a bit, it was doing 224, which would leave the starbolt with 1pt. So now it does 228.

I also increased its boost and agility a bit.

What about making is somewhat less damaged by lasers?
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

pooty wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:55 am Starbolt 2.52, on server.
Removed Extra Damage from hand weapons.
This was essentially the only counter to the Starbolt as it moves too quickly to be able to consistently hit with a vehicle due to ping. It did not get nerfed enough to warrant this, on top of having more health now (effective health has been doubled as a foot soldier).
Last edited by Anonymous. on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pooty

Post by pooty »

This was essentially the only counter to the Starbolt as it moves too quickly to be able to consistently hit with a vehicle due to ping. It did not get nerfed enough to warrant this, on top of having more health now.
Thoughts here? It was set at *2 (double) for Shock, Avirl, LG. Perhaps it should be set to 1.25 or 1.5 instead?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:38 am
This was essentially the only counter to the Starbolt as it moves too quickly to be able to consistently hit with a vehicle due to ping. It did not get nerfed enough to warrant this, on top of having more health now.
Thoughts here? It was set at *2 (double) for Shock, Avirl, LG. Perhaps it should be set to 1.25 or 1.5 instead?
It’s not a terrible thing the Starbolt doesn’t die in 2 shots anymore. I had no trouble killing the it on foot multiple times on HSH last night. If you’re gonna put the LG and shock multipliers back, then you need to increase the fire rate and damage back to where it was, or increase its health even more.

And mind you it still dies in half a second from most tank lasers, less than that from the supremely OP Lightning or Link Mechs. Maybe you should start looking at nerfing the mechs instead?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

pooty wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:38 am
I agree with Anon here. Change it back to what it was. I mean, this is Anon complaining that something is too difficult to hit, imagine the pain for the rest of us. My only strategy against the starbolt was to bail out of a good vehicle and try to hit it on the way down. My success rate was maybe 25%. And if you don't kill it, it just goes off and heals somewhere safe.
Enyo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:58 pm This exactly. All the good shots on the server had no problem taking out the Starbolt in not 3 shots but 2… one lg shot and one shock rifle kills it.
And if those players aren't on the server, then you get to run around unimpeded. I'll say it again, this is why I like the mino. Any dummy can go and slop goo on it, it just takes the strategic sense to do it. All these new vehicles require DM skills to counter.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

LG damage = 70
LG vehicle damage scaling = 0.85
LG vehicle damage = 70 * 0.85 = 59.5

Shock damage = 45
Shock vehicle damage scaling = 0.85
Shock vehicle damage = 45 * 0.85 = 38.25

LG = 119
Shock = 76.5

LG = 89.25
Shock = 57.375

LG = 74.375
Shock = 47.8125

Starbolt health 225
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

And mind you it still dies in half a second from most tank lasers, less than that from the supremely OP Lightning or Link Mechs. Maybe you should start looking at nerfing the mechs instead?
Don't nerf my damn mechs. They already take 6x damage from LG, 12x damage from headshot and have less health than the mino. Some have less health than troop carrier and heavy goliath. If you are going to nerf them, just remove them. If you put someone with poor aim in them they are terrible.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:40 am
Don't nerf my damn mechs. They already take 6x damage from LG, 12x damage from headshot and have less health than the mino. Some have less health than troop carrier and heavy goliath. If you are going to nerf them, just remove them. If you put someone with poor aim in them they are terrible.
Same could be said about all the flyers, they're only effective or "OP" with a good pilot. I don't really want to nerf the mechs, was just making the point the Starbolt is not really OP compared to everything else.

Based on Snarf's numbers, I'd say make it where the LG kills the Starbolt in 3 shots, so looks like anywhere from 1.3 to 1.5 would do it.

And FuriousRabbit, don't let Anon fool you, he has ZERO problems hitting the Starbolt, neither do snarf, Rhamp, Sub-zero, Xexx, Judas, myself and several others. He doesn't like it now because he couldn't kill it in just 2 shots last night while he's zipping around MassD on a hoverboard.

It currently takes 4 LG shots, taking it down to 3 seems like a fair compromise to me. Only 2 shots and the Starbolt didn't stand a chance against any ground troops with decent aim. It still doesn't stand a chance against any tank lasers.

And don't forget, the Starbolt only appears on Randomizer maps where there's tons of "OP" shit to counter it.
― Mark Twain