AirMars

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

AirMars

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

It was interesting to play this with a full-ish server tonight. Some random additions/thoughts that came to mind:

Flyer update (link flyer, heliux, starbolt, ifrit, bio)
Hellbenders could be good anti-air, the charging beams would be nice
Platforms should have abundant link ammo, maybe something like the refill at the center node of MantaMadness
Center nodes connect if you want to DM your way to the enemy core... perhaps enhance the interior of the big blimp?
Nearly impossible to come back from losing primaries as long as they are each linked to nodes.
We joked about a mino but maybe it'd be cool to spawn at each core?
How about dropships and turtles at the cores? With some teamwork you could drop a turtle out on the node platforms.
Hornet still feels like a troll vehicle on this map.
MKII Avrils?
Dragon would probably be useless
captainsnarf

Re: AirMars

Post by captainsnarf »

Please no Ifrit and no Omega.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:55 pm Please no Ifrit and no Omega.
x2 on Omega. It was already frustrating enough to build nodes.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Needs blocking volumes on the primaries to keep flyers from just shooting them a mile away. Would enable a more likely comeback. And the center node is stupid… controls the map. It takes too long to get in there to take it out, almost impossible before enemies kill your primaries.

Feels like this map should be bigger with nodes further apart, and a different middle node setup, or different paths altogether.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

An addendum to no Ifrit and no Omega, no hitscan flyers either. No hornet, no phoenix, no starbolt, no helix, none of my guppy bombers. There is not enough terrain to hide behind. Hitscan flyers will dominate.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:06 am An addendum to no Ifrit and no Omega, no hitscan flyers either. No hornet, no phoenix, no starbolt, no helix, none of my guppy bombers. There is not enough terrain to hide behind. Hitscan flyers will dominate.
This map really needs a major rework, not sure if it's worth it. I don't understand why on an all flyer map that the arena is essentially flat, meaning all the nodes are at the same level. Why not have some nodes much higher or lower than the cores, instead of just being able to take off from the core and be able to immediately shoot at enemy primaries?

I'd rather see Slated get updated with our newer flyers or get a randomizer version.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think it'd be pretty easy to move things up/down and use the 3 dimensions... I agree taking off from the core and immediate hitting enemies primaries is dumb.

I think having the middle ship come into play (again) makes sense.
Not hitscan flyers makes sense, except maybe the helix, it'd be fun with full gunners, but I suspect Wasps/Falcons could take it out pretty easy (especially from above it) and it might be good "troop ship" to drop infantry on the big ship.

I'd rather see Slated get updated with our newer flyers or get a randomizer version.
I have Lagzilla's updated Slated that I've worked on. Might be worth a quick vehicle check and see how it plays before I spend a ton of time on it.

It will be a few weeks, going out of town this week, and working this weekend at my second job, so won't have much time I suspect.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:06 am An addendum to no Ifrit and no Omega, no hitscan flyers either. No hornet, no phoenix, no starbolt, no helix, none of my guppy bombers. There is not enough terrain to hide behind. Hitscan flyers will dominate.
Ooh that's a good idea. Make it so you actually have to dogfight and keep moving.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

I think that center ship can be workable. I think it could make for a cool alternate route to the enemy core. A DM option on an otherwise exclusively flyer map.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:04 pm
Ooh that's a good idea. Make it so you actually have to dogfight and keep moving.
I'm game as long as there's still a falcon, or several as it is now. :D

Good additions would be the Wraith, Draco, Mirage Vulture, Bio Raptor, Link Flyer and the Lamprey.
― Mark Twain