AirMars

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: AirMars

Post by captainsnarf »

If the node shield was up, there is no reason TakeDamage should have been called. Seems like a bug in ONSPowerNodeSpecial.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah, and I think those are embedded in myLevel....I think we have a package that likely has a (hopefully) better version. Changing all the nodes would be a bit of a PITA.

Not sure what else it could be as there really isn't anything out of the ordinary from code perspective...
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yep its definitely fucked. Crashed again...so it always crashes. I'll have to dig into it.

Code: Select all

Critical: MutClanManager ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V3.MutClanManager (Function ClanManager1h_6T.MutClanManager.CheckReplacement:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: FFrame::Serialize
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (PVWMercuryExplosion ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V3.PVWMercuryExplosion, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay)
Critical: ULevel::SpawnActor
Critical: (PVWMercuryExplosion)
Critical: (ONSSpecialPowerNodeShield ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V3.ONSSpecialPowerNodeShield, Function ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V3.ONSSpecialPowerCoreShield.Touch)
Critical: TouchTo
Critical: AActor::BeginTouch
Critical: ULevel::CheckEncroachment
Critical: ULevel::FarMoveActor
Critical: (ONSSpecialPowerNodeShield ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V3.ONSSpecialPowerNodeShield, Function ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V3.ONSSpecialPowerCoreShield.Touch)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

PVWMercuryExplosion, is that from the Wraith? Maybe try removing it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So there's been two of these:

Critical: MutClanManager ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V3.MutClanManager (Function ClanManager1h_6T.MutClanManager.CheckReplacement:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
The preceding warnings are usually accessed None on a this or that vehicle -- wasnt consistent.

The following errors also aren't consistent, after the first Critical which is the infinite script recursion.

I have a new version without all the extra girders in the middle. There was also a Projector object at the middle node. I am going to play on a dedicated server locally and see if it blows up. I won't be surprised if it doesn't since I think it needs more human players.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Need to play V4 and see if the crashes are fixed... looks like we had two complete games, but only 2 players.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Fuck.
Still Crashed.

Critical: MutClanManager ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V4.MutClanManager (Function ClanManager1h_6T.MutClanManager.CheckReplacement:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: FFrame::Serialize
Critical: (PVWMercuryExplosion ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V4.PVWMercuryExplosion, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay)
Critical: ULevel::SpawnActor
Critical: (PVWMercuryExplosion)
Critical: (ONSSpecialPowerNodeShield ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V4.ONSSpecialPowerNodeShield, Function ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V4.ONSSpecialPowerCoreShield.Touch)
Critical: (ONSSpecialPowerNodeShield ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V4.ONSSpecialPowerNodeShield, Function ONS-AirMars-p00tylicious-V4.ONSSpecialPowerCoreShield.Touch)
PowerNodeShield think repeats a bunch of times, guessing 250.

I have one more thing to try to fix this.... No idea why it booms.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

My guess is it's PVWMercuryMissile-> ApplyDamage function that has the bug. It's pretty complex.

Maybe replace it with the base HurtRadius() function instead? It mostly does the same thing.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah maybe I'll remove the wraith, we can re-try the map.

Update that applyDamage -- its basically as I found it from Wormbo.... I've noticed those missles sometimes drop fps, and act funny on paly shields...
pooty

Post by pooty »

My guess is it's PVWMercuryMissile-> ApplyDamage function that has the bug. It's pretty complex.
Yep its ugly, not sure why its like that. It has a bunch of stuff about "penatrate" so maybe there's all the additional coding for that...
That being said thought, its used on Minuses, and those have the ONSSpecialPowerNodes/Cores too and we've never had this error...

I am putting a V5 on the server, no Wraith, lets see if that's the source of crash.
It does use, embedded, OnslaughtSpecials. I loaded the standard version from the server OnslaughtSpecials2.u into myLevel as well, which should overwrite what ever version was in there...

Hopefully this doesn't crash and we can go from there.