Scorps and Trucks...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Scorps and Trucks...

Post by pooty »

So a couple of thoughts....

I was thinking of making the Scorps and Trucks less susceptible to knock around.... should be at least as stable as badger but they get knocked around pretty easily.

Also with respect to trucks, most feel they are kind of useless. I think damage is fine...and twin beams are great against flyers.

I've increased their climbing (they can climb hills on AJY/DJY). Perhaps increase their speed, maybe add a top gear?
I've increased the speed on some scorps (Link Scorp/Tick Scorp) are fairly fast, but maybe make them a bit faster... maybe not quite manta speed. Mantas still hover and jump, but if the Trucks/Scorps could work to say 85% manta speed they'd be good to race to nodes and such.

Thought here is make them useful. Light, fast, best climbers, vs. slower, heavier tanks.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Scorps and Trucks...

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I’ve thought that too. Trucks feel heavy until you’re knocked around.

Perhaps we can try the Nitro Teamwork Hellbenders?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Naw, I like em that way.

That's some real funny shit when they go flying. Makes me giggle when I see it.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

I do agree with that. It is nice to be able to throw shock balls at them while you’re on foot.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Naw, I like em that way.
That's some real funny shit when they go flying. Makes me giggle when I see i
But for the most part it makes them pretty useless since their primary weapon is hard to aim, and single foot soldier fucks you totally with the Shock Rifle. I am not talking about eliminating it, but just making it harder to knock them around similar to badger. Worse yet say in those rare cases you get a gunner, and get shockballed it fucks two of you as it flips end over end. Should be a good tradeoff there.

Speed wise, maybe a bit of increase on speed and maybe Turbo Boost similar to EONS Scorp/Link Scorpion. Given ONS is often a race, faster ground response vehicles would be nice vs. "useless Trucks"
Nitro Teamwork Hellbenders?
Link? Map? .u File?

We have a bunch of other Benders that really haven't been tweaked:
Fire Hound 2nd seat is pretty potent.
Bio Hound
Cerebrus
BattleBender - Garbage really.
Crusader - Has big shield on the front, actually useful vs. BattleBender's baby shield.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

If you go in the racing servers you'll see them.

Basically if you drive them they have nitro, shield (also prevents knockback) & repair options. The more people you have in the vehicle, the faster those abilities recharge. I think it's L shift for nitro, J for repairs and K for sheild.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The arms race continues.

You are still better off in a car/truck than on foot. You can always get out if you need to. There is no need for them to get buffs to compete with tanks. Vehicle placement on the maps is more important. The trucks on ChainIsle are pretty powerful in the right hands and right position. Removing the knockback will make them more powerful.

Trucks/cars on MinusTankMeUp don't make as much sense when everybody else is in a tank. But when it's kitchensink it should really be everything, crap vehicles included, otherwise it's not kitchensink.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The arms race continues.
True, true.

Might be fun though to have a TurboBender that's really fast.
Vehicle placement on the maps is more important.
Agreed. The freefall randomizer/spam maps (HSH, MassD) really aren't good map designs (I blame me); they are fun and quite popular, but having tons of OP vehicles makes the other vehicles seem really poor when they aren't.
On a decent map the KingHellHound is beastly -- even on NVM-YEAH... the 2nd seat has a big damage, and lasers are powerful.

Lately I want to focus on maps that don't rely on OP vehicles, perhaps one or two, but maps without all the spam. Ones that require more thought than grab nearest power vehicle and relentlessly throw yourself at the nearest attackable node.