ONS-AlenjaForest-)o(

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Anonymous.

ONS-AlenjaForest-)o(

Post by Anonymous. »

Edit of ONS-AlenjaForest-SE-ECE; the )o( tag is to signify that it has Omni vehicles
  • Cleaned up the terrain, probably fixed over 30 terrain holes
  • Changed water volumes to not affect players/vehicles
  • OnslaughtSpecials nodes
  • Nuclear Strike Painter in the middle somewhere
  • Quad jump, stunt vehicles, vehicle pickups, spawn with locker weapons mutators
Download: ONS-AlenjaForest-)o(.zip
Attachments
Shot01239.jpg
Shot01239.jpg (247.19 KiB) Viewed 440 times
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: ONS-AlenjaForest-)o(

Post by pooty »

On the server.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Thanks, maybe we can get a decent play test in today.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So it crashes locally if run as dedicated server, same error even with no mutators, so something in the map is fubar'd

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed to load 'Level Core.MyLevel': Failed to find object 'Level Core.MyLevel'
ScriptLog: PlayerController.ProgressCommand Cmd 'menu:GUI2K4.UT2K4DisconnectOptionPage'  Msg1 'Failed launching URL'   Msg2 'Failed to find object 'Level Core.MyLevel''
Never seen that error before.

It opens in the editor fine, and runs from there just fine. But on dedicated server it crashes.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

That's really weird because when you run it from the editor, it runs a dedicated server then connects to it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah something is horribly wrong with the cores.

If you click on the Edit Script for the power cores in that map, the UT Script doesn't come up..

Arena of Evil uses ONSPowerCoreSpecial that seems to work, maybe try using those?
pooty

Post by pooty »

That's really weird because when you run it from the editor, it runs a dedicated server then connects to it.
It ran but my client bombed. On our server I had to reset it from the nfo control panel. Its like people connect and then it crashes your client.
The error I posted was from client. No errors in server log.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

I will test with standard cores and see if that resolves the issue, but I'm afraid the problem might be something deeper.

Edit: still fucked, gives same error
Edit2: At this point I'm out of ideas besides copy and pasting the new terrain, vehicles, and other changes into the original map. I think the error is from a bad obj load command. Is there any way to fix that?
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think the error is from a bad obj load command. Is there any way to fix that?
I tried reloading OnslaughtSpecials over it but no luck. What load do you think was screwed? The other thing is UT is pretty unforgiving on text edit mistakes (where you copy/cut things, edit in the text editor and paste back -- useful to edit all the weapon lockers at once..)
pooty

Post by pooty »

So its a class conflict. UT is pretty terrible at class name resolution.
While you might load WVHoverTank.FlamerProjectile and FireVehiclesV2Omni.FlamerProjectile at times UT only looks for FlamerProjectile and omits the package name. Its dumb. Class names should be fully qualified.

There were two conflicts (at least) the above, and MyBadger (myLevel.MyBadger and CSBadgerFix.MyBadger).

You can find the errors by using the Actor browser, double clicking Actor and then Compile all Scripts. Got a few errors that way.

I removed some vehicles that gave script error and tried. But no luck. Same damn error on the clients. No errors on compiling.

It does always ask me to save AW-2004Crystals upon exit, which I don't get why its asking that, that's an original game package. I even tried removing all the crystal static meshes and it still loads that package.

Probably going to be easier to slowly cut and paste the terrain and vehicles back in.