Map request: Omnipotent version of ONS-Sidaro

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Map request: Omnipotent version of ONS-Sidaro

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:51 am Suggestion to open up the sky a bit so flyers have bit of safe haven, Enyo is afraid of all the anti-air.

I will say I feel like maybe I should put heavy link tank back now that the lasers/linking has been nerfed tweaked.
If "afraid" = "annoyed by," then yes. It's highly annoying to have a small open map with multiple anti-air vehicles and flyers that have absolutely nowhere to go to avoid them. Flyers' primary way to counter anti-air is evasion and then fly around/behind.

Need to either:
1. Open up more space above 7/8 that doesn't block flyers from going up there, or
2. Remove flyers and put some good mantas there instead - I was basically flying the Chupa and Wasp next to the ground where there's rocks for cover, might as well just be mantas.

BTW, check the distance on the Hornet's minigun, seems to be shorter than the Badger. I think you said all miniguns should be the same, but I couldn't hit Judas in a badger with the Hornet at the same distance he could reach me.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

This map is pretty much Kakmo with a different node setup. Any cues or lessons we can grab from that map? Would it be helpful to let people be able to fly over that middle area completely like you can in Kakmo?
pooty

Post by pooty »

But Kakmo is also U shaped-- you can't go core to core.
The changes I'm planning would let flyers "sneak" over to the other side without getting sniped the whole way there..
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:01 pm This map is pretty much Kakmo with a different node setup. Any cues or lessons we can grab from that map? Would it be helpful to let people be able to fly over that middle area completely like you can in Kakmo?
But Kakmo is way bigger with distance fog and has multiple hills/mountains and cliffs, as well as the giant middle tower, to help keep flyers out of sight more.

That's an idea pooty, could you add some level of fog to Sidaro that obscures vision somewhat out of laser/minigun range?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

That's an idea pooty, could you add some level of fog to Sidaro that obscures vision somewhat out of laser/minigun range?
Yeah a bit of green mist would be good...
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:44 pm
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:01 pm This map is pretty much Kakmo with a different node setup. Any cues or lessons we can grab from that map? Would it be helpful to let people be able to fly over that middle area completely like you can in Kakmo?
But Kakmo is way bigger with distance fog and has multiple hills/mountains and cliffs, as well as the giant middle tower, to help keep flyers out of sight more.

See?
Judas

Post by Judas »

pooty wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:30 pm The changes I'm planning would let flyers "sneak" over to the other side without getting sniped the whole way there..
I like this idea. I feel like I basically need to control middle nodes + airspace with anti-air in order to have success because it's a linear map, which doesn't seem ideal. What about a path or teleporter to the other side for ground vehicles as well?
pooty

Post by pooty »

What about a path or teleporter to the other side for ground vehicles as well?
Yes maybe a vehicle teleporter on each end of the river... that would make things interesting.
pooty

Post by pooty »

V4 on the server. Added fog. Its not really thick and far for two reasons, one you want to be able to hit 7 with the Tanks. Two if the fog is so thick, flyers will just "pop" out of nowhere, but should hide you from across the map.

Moved the blocking volume on the top of the big tower in the middle. You can fly up and over it now. However, the enemy may expect this and point the lasers near there, but at least now there's 2 vectors of attack for flyers.

Put the HeavyLink Tank back since the turrets were nerfed...that was the original intent. Yes there's lots of anti air, but HLT, Hydra, Basilisk all work well for destroying each other. And there is a shield tank too, plus link scorps to support. Much of the success depends on how you deploy the vehicles and work together...because there isn't a dozen big vehicles, teamwork is key.
Yes maybe a vehicle teleporter on each end of the river... that would make things interesting.
I didn't put this in yet. Was trying to figure out if it made sense and where to put it. It kind of would defeat the river center theme of the map.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-Sidaro-)o(-V5
Changes. Heavy Link Tank to Regular Link Tank. Its still going to be potent with linkers.
Moved the far primaries behind rocks so that can't just get hit from 8
Changed Mirage Tank to Ballista (bye bye LT if it gets first shot).
Changed Basilisk to Cobra Tank (so less anti air)
Also moved the blocking volume back, you can fly over the tower at 8, shield from anti air below.

Key on this map is teamwork. Some defense is needed to keep the manta types from killing ur nodes if the middles are up. Linking Link Tank makes it beastly -- between Hydra (with both gunners) and Ballista this shouldn't be a problem, especially with badgers too.