ONS-Echo...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

ONS-Echo...

Post by pooty »

So we've played a couple times...

It was mentioned the heavy link tank is too much. Its laser definitely cause problems for the flyers, but its slow moving and cumbrsome (gets stuck/turned around on rough terrain).

That being said, it seems once you lose your primaries, hard to comeback. Although the core has fire tank and hydra, both easily get to the primaries. The upper primary needs to be focus of flyers, although the KingHellHound gets there pretty fast.

Note to self, check the rock placement on lower primary to make sure both sides are the same, I know one you can barely hit the primary from the core, and I think the idea was to have to drive around it to hit. I am not a fan of primaries in direct line from the cores...

I think it needs another good flyer at the core, thinking Falcon (I can hear enyo cheering), or perhaps replace Venom.

I also want to review the node layout, there's the one side node that connects to two primaries.... making it easy to just cut off and lose the whole map.
pooty

Re: ONS-Echo...

Post by pooty »

V3.

Added Falcon at the core, 45s respawn. Changed node layout slightly, removed the connections so one node doesn't make both primaries vulnerable.
Adjusted rocks. Hidden two stormcasters on the map (there's already two deemers and Ion painter). Keep in mind, Falcon could dominate the map, but there's Mantis, Link Tank Lasers, Fire Tank Lasers, KHH lasers, so depends on how the team uses the vehicles (just like every other map lol)
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I think it played pretty well.

I think replace the EONS boards with Trickboards, I was concerned they'd be too fast but with all the flyers now nope, those would be good to get places and help retake primaries.

I think a better vehicle than goliath at 5. At least goliath][ or maybe a flame tank.
Lower the platform at 5 Link Tank gets stuck.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I know it's not a popular vehicle but a Turtle at the core could make its way to the primary to help take it back. I don't really see that thing being taken anywhere else on the map before being killed by flyers. Possibly with some link vehicles on it so maybe not.
pooty

Post by pooty »

There is an Aegis at the core, I considered the Turtle, but figure with link vehicles it would be hard to kill. I considered the DarkPaladin as its much faster and stronger than Aegis, but not quite a turtle. The DP could race up the hill easily to the upper primary too.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Thanks for adding the falcon to this map. It helped our subpar team win a round last night… until the 3rd round when a known prolific vehicle waster got it in the beginning and tanked us.

The longer we play this game and the more we realize certain players will never improve, I’m more intrigued by the idea of setting a pph threshold on certain vehicles, especially flyers, ESPECIALLY the falcon.

I mean, think of it this way - the Air Force only allows qualified pilots in the cockpit, and just about any idiot can be a tank or Hummer driver in the Army. By pph threshold I mean lifetime average, not current map pph. Say, anything under 250 pph, not allowed to fly… min 350 for falcon and Chupacabra. :D
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The EONS boards... wow they are slow. I could dodge jump there faster :lol: It was fun. It definitely has a strong side.

It seemed like netcode went out in the second round again :( I haven't checked logs but I bet there is another 'accessed None 'C' ' in the controllerlist loop. I noticed 3SPN has a similar bug during end-of-round looping through the controller list.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Is it possible you could add stuntvehicles?
pooty

Post by pooty »

As it mutWheeledVehicleStunts? I think its on there.. if it isn't I'll add it.

Not sure why Netcode would go out in the second round. Doesn't make sense that end of round changes it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

V4 Updated to at MutWheeledVehicleStunts, CSTrickboards at core. Fixed terrain at 5 so link tank should go over it now. Upgraded goliath at 5.