ONS-Trench-)o(-2023

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Anonymous.

ONS-Trench-)o(-2023

Post by Anonymous. »

ONS-Trench-)o(-2023.zip

Revamped version of ONS-Trench-)o(, which was an edit of ONS-Trench[BETA] by NATO_chrisjm, which was lost over the years (I reuploaded to PWC redirect which is where I think I found it originally). Before someone complains, the meshes do not collide with vehicles so mantas/boards will fall through the planks/sheet metal and it's not easily fixable.
  • Removed most landmines toward the middle of the map
  • Reworked bot paths
  • Updated with some of the newer vehicles (Fire Manta, Firebug), lowered StallZ for the Dragons
  • OnslaughtSpecials nodes
  • Mutators: Quad jump, stunt vehicles, MultiDodging2k4v2 (not embedded)

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: ONS-Trench-)o(-2023

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Unpopular opinion here but I kind of missed that map
pooty

Post by pooty »

On server. Also loaded the MultiDodge file.
Haven't tested since there are folks on.

This was one of the most HATED maps of all time,mostly because you couldn't run on the planks, and you'd get dragon bomb by the dragon you couldn't see.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Ok thanks, we'll see I guess. Worst comes to worst I can replace the Dragon with a Draco, and remove the planks except where necessary. I lowered the StallZ by a lot to prevent the Dragon from going out of sight. I've never tried but perhaps the collision could be replaced on those plank meshes with just a box to prevent falling through.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Got a good play test in today. The Dragon was a nice match for the theme of the map but unfortunately had too much health so I replaced it with a Raptor instead. Lowered the StallZ some more as well. I was extremely paranoid to embed multidodging2k4v2 after Alenja but I was able to get it embedded just fine (tested with dedicated server as well). Apparently it's normal for it to take two tries to get obj load to work, so your theory about SpawnWithLockerWeapons having the same package and class name fucking the map is probably correct (but I can't be bothered to recompile it and find out). GTKU was bothered by the ambient sounds being too loud so I reduced the volume a bit. Removed a few more land mines.

Eventually I'll probably rework the planks but in its current state quadjump+multidodging is good enough. I personally enjoyed the map, lots of action.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ga8lcbrr ... 3.zip/file
pooty

Post by pooty »

GTKU was bothered by the ambient sounds being too loud so I reduced the volume a bit.
I thought there was a setting where it would allow the player's settings to determine the volume. But you can override it in the map, DryIce was orginally like that, the music was too loud.
Apparently it's normal for it to take two tries to get obj load to work
Yes. Often once works for me, but I've seen it and heard from others that it happens.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

pooty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:54 am I thought there was a setting where it would allow the player's settings to determine the volume. But you can override it in the map, DryIce was orginally like that, the music was too loud.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/E ... ounds.html
Yes, it is bFullVolume. I'm not sure why GTKU has his game volume turned up so much in the first place, but I admit they were a bit loud anyway.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The Dragon was a nice match for the theme of the map but unfortunately had too much health so I replaced it with a Raptor instead.
So if you look at UltimateMappingToolsOmni there's UltimateFactories, that let you customize the vehicle factories, including setting custom health for vehicles without having to recode/recompile them. Make sure to use the Omni version, the original had a bug where if you used their factory the vehicle always spawned unlocked..
pooty

Post by pooty »

Updated version on the server.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

pooty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:53 pm So if you look at UltimateMappingToolsOmni there's UltimateFactories, that let you customize the vehicle factories, including setting custom health for vehicles without having to recode/recompile them. Make sure to use the Omni version, the original had a bug where if you used their factory the vehicle always spawned unlocked..
Oh this is perfect, just what I needed. I'll hold off changing it for now to give you a break with the uploads :D
Also, I think that explains why on Miami Biatch the Link Badger and Turtle are always unlocked.