Let's talk lasers.

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Let's talk lasers.

Post by pooty »

FWIW, I think the biotank has a good level of damage on the lasers for a vehicle whose primary purpose is not AA (which is how I would also characterize the link tank).
~135 pts/sec. It has a slower rate of fire, but higher damage per shot which I think landing that first shot does more than say the others, that the shot the counts in some cases since they take that damage before they evade.

Now the Primary AA vehicles (IMO), KHH, Hurricane, Centaur are in the 150-200 range (old hurricane was 225, TC was bit more than that!). Avrils, low skills homing weapon, does ~200 in one shot, albeit slower. So I think that's a good range. Agile flyers, falcons/bolts/bombers can evade, but if they fly straight going to get chewed up. I was think of flyers as sneaky vehicles, use the 3D, terrain to avoid getting shot vs. like a big ass tank driving right at you.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:18 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:31 am They can't compete on skill so they grab the most powerful vehicles instead, and then we complain stains took all the good vehicles. It really shouldn't be about vehicles.
Well, it is about the vehicles in onslaught, and it doesn't have to be the uber powerful flyers for the stains to fuck you. Perfect example was tonight on Nevermore, the old version with only Cicada, Wraith and Draco. Ebno, 11:11 and me on a team, outnumbered with Anon, Azazel, Raep and Twobowls on the other team... we were winning until Pharizwheel shows up and promptly jumps in and suicides every one of our flyers over and over.

The bottom feeders will fuck you every time, it's almost like they're trying to sometimes, but I don't think most of them are bright enough to be that intentionally subversive.
This is kind of my point though. If flyers were less important then it wouldn't matter if someone wasted them.
pooty

Post by pooty »

This is kind of my point though. If flyers were less important then it wouldn't matter if someone wasted them.
Depends on the map. On Randos some of the flyers are OP so it matters. On other maps there's key tanks (eg. Mino) or such that matter. Lately a few have figured out to get a Linker convoy going and its pretty potent. I mean if you put a heavy link tank in front with a laser turret gunner and two linkers... I'd have to do the math, but probably somewhere north of 600 pts / sec.

As I have said before, flyers have such an inherent advantage by being able to ignore terrain.