The end is near and it aint pretty.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

The end is near and it aint pretty.

Post by McLovin »

I agree with Dog and Unicorn, Epic totally fucked us all when they shut down the master game server.

https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.co ... match=6726

4m 21s Unicorn_Vomit i was saying if we don't get more players back in the game.....
4m 28s Unicorn_Vomit soon
4m 58s Unicorn_Vomit we may not have enough players to play a round in 2025
5m 30s Unicorn_Vomit i say un ban all the banned players and send them out an email if admin has them
5m 43s Unicorn_Vomit hmmm\
5m 51s Unicorn_Vomit hmmm
7m 01s Unicorn_Vomit i think the major prblem is a lot of people dont know how to switch to open spy and unlock fps and netspeed
8m 31s Unicorn_Vomit it seems we lost a lot when the main servers shut down. a lot of people don't how to switch to open spy
8m 40s d)o(gnuts Killed Unicorn_Vomit with a MinotaurKill
8m 52s Unicorn_Vomit Killed d)o(gnuts with a DamTypeHeavyShell
10m 38s d)o(gnuts lol
13m 24s d)o(gnuts guess nobody
13m 26s Unicorn_Vomit send out a text
13m 31s d)o(gnuts guess nobody's showing up
13m 37s Unicorn_Vomit tel them to get in the game
14m 07s Unicorn_Vomit fuck this game is going to be daed by the summer of 2025. i hate that!
14m 17s d)o(gnuts ya i know
14m 22s d)o(gnuts old game but a loyal following
14m 27s d)o(gnuts just most of us getting old
15m 18s Unicorn_Vomit i bought this in 2005 and been playing ever since
15m 41s d)o(gnuts same here thereabouts
15m 43s Unicorn_Vomit a friend turned me on to this game in late 2004
Anonymous.

Re: The end is near and it aint pretty.

Post by Anonymous. »

The silver lining is the game is now entirely free. Share it with friends. All patches applied, everything is already done for you. A bunch of populated servers are added to favorites (including Omni/HoC/SoL/CEONSS). Just unzip, add a CD key to the registry file, apply it and play. https://archive.org/details/ut2004-3369

Our server already sets netspeed for you, all you have to do is change MaxClientFrameRate.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Our server sets MaxClientFramRate also :)
pooty

Post by pooty »

5m 30s Unicorn_Vomit i say un ban all the banned players and send them out an email if admin has them
I unbanned all the players when we moved to the new server. There's been a few new bans, either for a confirmed cheat, or racial slurs. Not undoing either of those.

Most can find openspy via reddit, discord etc. I think its finding the game and installing, but no one is looking to play a game from 2004.

I'd also add that folks have been saying this for years...And in the works of Anal)o(g, I'll keep the server up as long as there's people playing.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

You're telling me unicorn vomit has been playing this since 2005...

We just need more exposure, when I streamed this game last year a few people came in my chat and downloaded the game because they used to play it all the time back in the day. I forget the name..stoned something started playing soon after.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

In the UT subreddit people mostly talk about 99. I seems like that has quite a loyal following.

I kind of thought of this game as kind of a halo knock off with the quick addition of vehicles for 2004 when 2003 didn’t have them.

Can we launch some kind of “campaign”? What kind of outlets can we hit to get more people in here?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Posting on the UT subreddit seems like the best place.
We are on GameTracker.

Maybe we should buy banner ads on World of Tanks lol
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Streaming on Twitch isn't a bad idea, a lot of people follow the UT2004 category. Having a download link command like !ut2004 in the title would probably do a lot.

Someone made a youtube video recently on warfork and it saw a surge in players. https://youtu.be/7HvItD8AoFU?si=8dmljxxHoukstgPn
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It's pretty sad what has happened to omni. All of the vehicles are too powerful now, but our players won't play unless they have them. Why play AJ-V4 when you can play AJ-Randomizer with mechs and odins and omegas. The old link tank couldn't compete with all of the new op vehicles, so now the link tank is OP too. Why even get out and use your linkgun when you have a link tank, link badger or chupa. It's not the same ONS when there are link vehicles.

I forced OldSkool last night and it was nothing but constant bitching. Rhamp went on spectate in protest. I think the only person that was happy with it was Leon who is also sick of the same 5 maps every night. I recommended we put ChainIsle on the server, but we turned it into an Omni version. Park the King Hellbender at a choke point and spam shock balls for 5 minutes. I don't understand the appeal.

The server used to be more balanced, but now it's another UMD server. We should put sentinels with L3 miniguns around the map and get it over with. We've done everything to give our players what they want, and what they want is crap.
California

Post by California »

I liked Old Skool captain.
Nah bro I’m sweet.