Post by pooty »

I think this will be my next project....update this one
http://www.omnipotents.com/omni-ut2004- ... 8)_ExJ.ut2
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: ONS-Magnanimous_Lucid(B8)_ExJ

Post by pooty »

ONS-Magnanimous_Lucid-)o(-V1 - On Server...

Big Map, lots of different places/feels to it. Added Omni Vehicles and some goodies. It is a very asymmetrical map, which I know aren't really popular...but to me its like 2 maps in one... Tried to make it balanced in vehicles...routes.

Remember this is a V1 and so it will likey need some feedback and revisions.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So played this here: https://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.co ... match=7283

A couple of things to change:
- Remove collision on the lightposts so you can drive through them (minus is like that).
- Add a flyer to each core... maybe Link Flyer might be good.
- May have to add some Blocking volumes on the bridge railings -- mino gets stuck easily. Megabadger might be better than Classic Mino.
- Maybe add in a few of the various manta types (right now mantas are all stock mantas).

The building side seemed to be weaker which was opposite of what I thought -- but I think some of that is map learning, as the one primary is right outside the core basically, but not sure people knew which ramp to use. This map will take a bit more time to learn best paths, key nodes (14 IMO is a key node).

Boats were quite useful.

There's a weird bug/interaction with the Gator that it launches out of the water if the exit angle is steep.... not sure if that's a map thing or vehicle thing.
pooty

Post by pooty »

V2 - Quick Edit.
- Removed Collison on lightposts.
- Fixed road edges on the brige. Keep in mind you'll get stuck if you drive OFF the road and into the railing.
- A few vehicle tweaks. I didn't add a flyer but upgraded the mantas at the core.
Lipka

Post by Lipka »

never got the double damage . kept falling off rocks
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll check it.. some of the pickups were there in the original edit.... some I added.
Was the DD in the water?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Couple of items to fix/double check
- Make sure Levis make it out of the cores -- should be able to but some reported they can't, maybe Dark Levi is good here.
- Vehicle teleporter in the Sub Core is broken (should quickly take you outside)
- Add at least one decent flyer to the cores

There was some discussion that the Desert/Caves side was stronger, so I'll revisit the vehicles on the city side. The map is quite asymetrical so there might be different vehicles for each side.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:34 pm Couple of items to fix/double check
- Make sure Levis make it out of the cores -- should be able to but some reported they can't, maybe Dark Levi is good here.
- Vehicle teleporter in the Sub Core is broken (should quickly take you outside)
- Add at least one decent flyer to the cores

There was some discussion that the Desert/Caves side was stronger, so I'll revisit the vehicles on the city side. The map is quite asymetrical so there might be different vehicles for each side.
It is a very lop-sided map. And I'm not sure if it's the cave side, but the side that has a bunch of nodes clustered very near the core seems to be stronger. We were winning pretty easily on that side despite a much weaker team, but lost it anyway once the stains started taking the only 3 good flyers on the map, which all spawn at the core. Map needs a good flyer or two (or 3 or 4) added at some nodes to hopefully help mitigate the stains wasting them.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Why did you have to ruin it by putting in a lamprey?
pooty

Post by pooty »

What's the objection to the lamprey? too powerful?

Right now the vehicles are even per side (except I think for boats). I think city side might need some flyers, as the caves side nodes are much more protected from above... and maybe some faster tanks/badgers, that the cave side doesn't have.