Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

TorlanVehicleTester

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Couple of changes if this is going to become a real map:

-Full link guns in lockers so you at least have a chance on foot
-Aim the Tick Scorpion spawn position a little to the left from where it's at. Currently you can't make the corner out of the node area because it always pops a wheelie and you just drive into the wall. This clogs the convoy at the start of the round.

The Omega spawn time change is good, i think.

One "bitch move" that is still possible: The Omega can camp in the middle tower covered bridge area and reach the enemy primary. It's a very hard move to counter.
pooty

Re: TorlanVehcielTester

Post by pooty »

Yeah I can update it. Seems to be pretty fun.
Tick spawns in two different places depending on which core, but I'll fix it up.

I thought about just removing the Omega, but its quite useful to come back if you lose the primary. And between DarkRailTank and Odin shouldn't have any issues taking it out.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:00 am I thought about just removing the Omega, but its quite useful to come back if you lose the primary.
Unless your name is Bla$ter and you choose to spam locked nodes with the Omega instead of hitting available enemy nodes.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Updated version on server (same name).
Upgraded Weapon Lockers.
Moved Tick to face directly out of the cores.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:52 pm Updated version on server (same name).
Upgraded Weapon Lockers.
Moved Tick to face directly out of the cores.
Cool, thanks!
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

ONS-Torlan-VehicleTester-V10.zip
  • Moved the turrets at the primaries to the back of the node so you can drive vehicles up to them more easily
  • OnslaughtSpecials nodes
  • Lowered the middle node so the link tanks don't get stuck trying to drive over it, also moved the Scorpion out of the way
  • Rearranged the core vehicles; the third link tank is next to the heavy link tank, the rail tank took its spot, the Odin was moved backward so you can see it more from inside the core (so you don't have to walk a long ass way to realize it didn't respawn), and moved the flyers a little
  • Added a jump pad in the cores to get up to the Lamprey from the ground floor
  • All lockers give all weapons with max ammo, but no more Mine Layer at the primaries, limited AVRiL rockets to five to prevent hill camping shittery
I named it V10, but maybe it can be renamed to something like ONS-Torlan-LinkerMadness-V10 instead.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-Torlan-LinkerMadness-V10.ut2
On the Server. Increased the Odin respawn time a bit...
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Thanks. I was also wondering, at the very back of the core, behind the turret, there's a Raptor-sized nook. Perhaps the Omega can spawn back there to make it more hidden, like a quasi nerf.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah the Omega is more problematic than the Odin. Especially if you grab the Omega and immediately spam the primary. I wonder if I can delay its spawn?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Omega now moved to back of the core, and has a 45s delay on intial spawn.
So when game starts, it won't spawn till 45s later, and then has the same 60s respawn. This will prevent, grabbing Omega right off the start and spamming the other team's primary.