Stats Discussion

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Stats Discussion

Post by pooty »

Sub-Zero [535] 0.976
I feel like this is wrong, sorry to pick you SZ, but given his top 5 aim, reducing his PPH seems to go the wrong direction... because of that aim, he usually has MORE impact than his PPH would indicate...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:17 am
Sub-Zero [535] 0.976
I feel like this is wrong, sorry to pick you SZ, but given his top 5 aim, reducing his PPH seems to go the wrong direction... because of that aim, he usually has MORE impact than his PPH would indicate...
It doesn't reflect in his win%. His multiplier is so high he ends up with a team of stains he has to carry.

Something to keep in mind is these numbers would need continuous adjustment. Put SZ's multiplier at 0.976 and I guarantee you his win% will go up having a stronger team. And if his win% goes up, so would his multiplier.
4Doors

Post by 4Doors »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:39 pm
It doesn't reflect in his win%. His multiplier is so high he ends up with a team of stains he has to carry.

Something to keep in mind is these numbers would need continuous adjustment. Put SZ's multiplier at 0.976 and I guarantee you his win% will go up having a stronger team. And if his win% goes up, so would his multiplier.
Does the multiplier update itself after each game, or is it something that needs manual tweaks?
Bruh im just tryna be famous
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

It just depends on if I feel like using the OP flyers or not and I mostly don't. I used flyers exclusively on Dria last night and pretty much ran the map against those "node warriors". I wouldn't mind a damage and speed nerf across the board combined with a health cut for tanks to balance it out. ONS is already very favorable to vehicles that can take to the air so when you don't have the right people in the most important vehicles (which are always flyers) then you tend to lose more than you win.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

4Doors wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:46 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:39 pm

Does the multiplier update itself after each game, or is it something that needs manual tweaks?
It needs manual updates. They've been historically hand picked but were loosely based on the onslaught rankings - https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/onsrankings.php
Judas

Post by Judas »

Super Sanka wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:59 pm It just depends on if I feel like using the OP flyers or not and I mostly don't.
I think this is where my biggest flaw is. I don't enjoy using most flyers now unless I've had a few beers, and they're very effective when it comes to accessing nodes quickly and destroying them. I'd definitely win more games if I made it my priority to use the fastest air vehicles and took smart air paths to nodes, since many players for whatever reason either ignore flyers or can't hit them when they see them.

What would happen to flyer-focused strategies if more players developed anti-air skills besides avril spam?
California

Post by California »

People with top 25 rankings should have them placed by their names like college football teams. They could change every week and the top 12 play in the new expanded playoff. Watch out for the trap game on DoubleSlap on November 4th. Possible upset. What a time to be alive.
Nah bro I’m sweet.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I wouldn't mind a damage and speed nerf across the board combined with a health cut for tanks to balance it out. ONS is already very favorable to vehicles that can take to the air so when you don't have the right people in the most important vehicles (which are always flyers) then you tend to lose more than you win.
Some of that is happening. I've nerfed a few things already. (Aurora yesterday in fact). Odin, Omega, a few of the OP badgers, more recently.
What would happen to flyer-focused strategies if more players developed anti-air skills besides avril spam?
I try to, on most maps I edit, put in SR, Avrils and vehicles that are good anti air (Hurricane, Centaur, Armadillo troop carrier -- anything with lasers), badgers are effective too. But air vehicles always have an advantage they can ignore terrain, pop up and shoot and hide.
ONS is already very favorable to vehicles that can take to the air so when you don't have the right people in the most important vehicles (which are always flyers) then you tend to lose more than you win.
Its been my theory for a while that vehicle wasting stains have more impact than the balance of good players, which usually the balancer gets that right, but give you 2-3 VWS, and the other team players with similar scores that don't waste...
Say someone taking the 'Bolt on Halloween, or wasting mino on Dria/Minus, etc... and wasting it will hurt your team no matter how good the rest of the team is..
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:41 am Its been my theory for a while that vehicle wasting stains have more impact than the balance of good players
Yep, 100% agree! Would be great if you could figure out a way to balance the stains out better, but it seems one team always ends up with twice the bottom feeders than the other.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, I was thinking there should be a stainlist...and the balancer would allocate them first on a split basis... then do the scoring balance.

But lol, some players are so bad you don't want two of them on your team...