Fire manta

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Fire manta

Post by Enyo »

Can’t remember the name, so fire manta… any chance you can increase its damage against nodes? Takes forever to kill a node with it, more efficient (but more dangerous) to jump out and use shock combo.

And, the residual flame damage seems to do very little to no damage to nodes, unlike ifrit that does lots of node burn damage.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Re: Fire manta

Post by pooty »

I'll double check it on nodes. Its pretty effective on vehicles though, plus its fast, only manta faster is wyvern.
If I can I'll increase node damage portion, but any more against vehicles/players and it'd be too OP.
Fire tank is same way, the flame damage doesn't seem to set the nodes on fire like players/vehicles... wonder if that's a bug in the code somewhere.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah that thing is laughably bad against nodes. I always just get out.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So it creates a "Burner" which sets things on fire.... it works on vehicles/players, but nodes don't have the ability to get set like that on direct hit.

I might be able to do something to fix it... it does 75 pts, per hit, and fires once a second so yes, SR is better, SR combo even better. Maybe I can do if PowerNode Damage = 200 or similar.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Here we go again. Not every vehicle has to be good at everything. It's okay to have strengths and weaknesses.

<s> Can we also make it so you don't have to get out of the vehicle to build a node? </s> :roll:
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yes, we should do this. Touch the node with your vehicle and it starts building. Even better, just shoot it and it starts building. We should get rid of player spawns too. You should just respawn directly in a vehicle. </s> :roll: :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:08 pm Here we go again. Not every vehicle has to be good at everything. It's okay to have strengths and weaknesses.

<s> Can we also make it so you don't have to get out of the vehicle to build a node? </s> :roll:
captainsnarf wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:29 pm Yes, we should do this. Touch the node with your vehicle and it starts building. Even better, just shoot it and it starts building. We should get rid of player spawns too. You should just respawn directly in a vehicle. </s> :roll: :lol:
Ok you dicks… now I have to go all “Enyo” about it. First off, you asshats have to show up at a node before you can even step on it. Let me know when you show up, I’ll be the guy already linking it. ;)

Furious, I never said to make every vehicle good at everything, what a stupid notion and false equivalency.

pooty has been trying to standardize things across similar vehicle types. So, why would a flyer like the Ifrit do 4X the damage to a node than it’s manta counterpart? And why would burning damage from one (the manta) do virtually nothing to a node while the Ifrit’s burn does a crap ton of damage.

The Ifrit already has the advantage of flying, so why is it so much more powerful? Or, as I pointed out, why is the fire manta so weak? I’d rather have a regular manta. I could be convinced the Ifrit is too strong, but the fire manta by comparison against all other vehicles is useless against nodes.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Bwa-hahaha!

pooty

Post by pooty »

Or, as I pointed out, why is the fire manta so weak? I’d rather have a regular manta. I could be convinced the Ifrit is too strong, but the fire manta by comparison against all other vehicles is useless against nodes.
So while McLovin is making great memes -- that will end up on a map sooner rather than later... I was messing with fire manta..

It now does a bit more damage to a node, but not much, and not as much as Shock Combo (its does about 75 pts, so more than SR shot 45 (which fires faster), less than combo at 200). The code that processed the touch was older code (all the other fire vehicles had been updated), so I updated that. You're not going to be a node wrecker in the fire manta.... so definitely weak there still.. and I think that makes sense (came to the conclusion independent of the recent discussion). To cause more damage to the nodes causes increased damage to everything else which would be too OP (the code is pretty messy).

However, try it out against other vehicles --- its very good there -- way better than a stock manta by 100s of pts of damage... So weakness is not a node killer, but it is a vehicle killer. It also is quite fast, so good to get places quickly.

WRT to Ifrit, its still OP as the alt-fire is basically FireTank Alt-fire, but slower rate of recharge, but we've all become used to it...so hesitant to nerf it too much.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah the ifrit feels good to me. The slow recharge keeps it in check. However I have no idea what the primary fire is for. I’m ok with that though.