ONS-Hyperblast2, potentially an Airmars replacement

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Rhamp

ONS-Hyperblast2, potentially an Airmars replacement

Post by Rhamp »

Since airmars has been removed due to unexpected crashes, I converted the dm map Hyperblast2 to an ons map and added a couple extra ships. Google drive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uerlqV ... share_link

onsHyperblast2-4.png
onsHyperblast2-4.png (210.06 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
onsHyperblast2-3.png
onsHyperblast2-3.png (215.52 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
onsHyperblast2-2.png
onsHyperblast2-2.png (214.66 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: ONS-Hyperblast2, potentially an Airmars replacement

Post by pooty »

Nice, I will give the once over and if its all good put it on the server.

Wish I knew why AirMars was crashing....
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ah I see it still needs some work.

Need to set level properties game type and add the Link Setup....

Need some kind of protection on the side ships (maybe steal the shield from AirMars?) to avoid enemy just spawn killing all the vehicles. You know that a few of them will just take the Aurora fly to the other side and boom.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

Is airmars accessible from someplace? Its no longer in my cache since its been off the server for over a month.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

You can download it from the redirect - http://omnipotents2.site.nfoservers.com ... -redirect/

probably easier to just join the server when nobody is on and play it, since you'll need all the vehicle mods too.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

Found the meshes used on airmars and the side ships are now protected. Also ensured that the mino can't spawnkill with the shields. Link setup has been set with the link setup actor so it should load with a default setup now. The updated map is now on google drive.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I found one shock rifle. :lol:

I probably won't vote for this without a shock or lightning gun somewhere. I think they are around since I found one but they are too rare.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

Got V2 uploaded. I added shock rifle pickups at the core. This should make it so you can deal with fliers on foot and not be super oppressive for the fliers since the goal of the map is to focus on dogfighting. I added a forcefield protecting the cores so fliers have to fly into the core room or go on foot and use the teleporter to damage it instead of camping at the edge of the map. The omegas have been removed due to obvious reasons. There is now only 1 aurora for each team to discourage spawnkilling. I removed the hyperspace particles so that way you aren't blinded every couple of seconds.

There are nukes at each core and one in the middle of the ship. A mino spawns at 1, an odin at 10, and two centaurs at 3. Avrils are located at 1 and 3, shock rifles are at the cores and 10, sniper rifles are near 7 and 8, and lightning guns at 1 and in the middle of the ship.

Here is the node layout in case the spamboxy nature makes it hard to figure out. The map is split into 3 routes, with 2,1,9 being the most obvious and straightforward to understand route. The 7,6,8 route is within the ship, making that route somewhat easier to defend from fliers as long as people don't stick their fliers in questionable places. The 4,3,5 route is on the top of the ship. Node 10 is in the rear of the ship and connects to both core's primaries.
Attachments
onsHyperblast2-5.jpg
onsHyperblast2-5.jpg (197.85 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Thanks for the updates!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Thank you for the edit, love to get new maps!

A few thoughts in no particular order, and I see you've addressed much of it.
- Change up the skybox, the hyperspace tunnel and shields is tough to look at.
- Remove the Omega
- It is hard to see the node connections ... we only have the one scale in the map. Maybe move the core ships closer? Or (and I am sure it's a pain) make the main ship larger.. it would also make it slightly easier to get raptor types inside...
- Might be fun to add flight pods to sneak around
- Consistent weapon lockers, inc SR, LG.
- Grapple guns perhaps (use GrappleGunOmni.u)
- Maybe less flyers
- Might be interesting if the smaller ships come into play or maybe alternative node layout with them.