ONS-Hyperblast2, potentially an Airmars replacement

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Rhamp

Re: ONS-Hyperblast2, potentially an Airmars replacement

Post by Rhamp »

I'm experimenting with having the middle ship be twice its original size. Its big enough that you can drive a tank throughout the whole ship and fliers can fit everywhere. Its still restrictive enough that fliers still have to be extremely careful inside the ship. I'm probably going to add some vehicles in the ship nodes and add some jump pads so that players on foot can still get around due to the increase in size.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

I'd recommend removing the Omnihelix from this map. It's a bit too spammy, it can hit just about everything from one spot and some people just spam the core with it. Not a huge fan of the mino on this one either, but it's easy enough to kill with all the flyers.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

V4 is uploaded to the google drive.

The middle ship is big enough to house ground vehicles inside it now so a couple of those have been added to the ship nodes. A turtle has been added to the primary inside the ship for each side to make it harder for one team to control the entire ship. It might get removed if it makes it too hard to retake the ship if a side loses it. The omnihelix is replaced by the lampery (while op, its definitely less op than the helix and it has low hp and fliers can just hold spacebar to get away from it). The node layout is much easier to see since the ship nodes are more spaced out. Jumppads have been added to make it easier to move from the primary inside the ship to other nodes.
pooty

Post by pooty »

A turtle has been added to the primary inside the ship for each side to make it harder for one team to control the entire ship. It might get removed if it makes it too hard to retake the ship if a side loses it.
Aegis or EONS Crusader are much less than the Turtle which can take considerable (10000 hp?) damage to the shield.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

If the mino is unpopular, how about the tiamat? Maybe even the 10,000hp one? That'd be a heck of a reward to get that node as you are basically given an anti-air station. Plus the 10k health can handle getting pelted by a few flyers for a decent amount of time.

The turtle might be cheap at the ship node but I'd be willing to see.
pooty

Post by pooty »

V4 on server.

Very Nice, looks to be shaping up really well. The larger size feels much better.

A couple of thoughts, I'd ditch the jump pads in the ship that are mostly horizontal..
I'd add some to the inner platforms to help get up to the nodes up top -- not sure on this -- but right now there's only one way up to them.. but with all the flyers might not matter, or maybe jump pads on the middle little ship that gets you up to the top nodes...be a fun little spot to snipe people.

Also, we might want to add QuadJump mutator to the map, since it went back to normal gravity, would also help getting up and around.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

I just made some minor tweaks to V4. Seeing that the turtle tanks that much, I replaced it with an eons crusader. I added some jumppads to get to the upper primary, since while possible to jump up there, it requires some skill (jumping to the little ship and then jumping to the high ground). There are still lowgrav areas, but only in the outside areas between sections of the ship. This allows you to jump and drift into different areas of the ship you wouldn't normally be able to do while limiting the lowgrav effects so it doesn't become a hitscan nightmare. The horizonal jumppads are there to compensate for the larger ship so you aren't stuck on foot forever trying to get to nodes.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I haven't tried V4 yet but I liked the size of V3. Smaller maps have more action. IMO Masterbath is the perfect size for an ONS map. I use it as a reference when making my own maps.
pooty

Post by pooty »

updated V4 on the server.

It really didn't feel too big, but that was just a casual walk through.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The new size is good. Great job on this :)

I would prefer less OP vehicles myself but I know that's just me.