YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.1 (CSLinkNuke)

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH Nuke 1.1 (CSLinkNuke)

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:00 am Shouldn't this be:
Damage' config option (default is 250) will still be applied to all enemy actors including nodes in the blast radius
yes, enemies, doh! :lol: :D
pooty

Post by pooty »

2.1 On the server with these settings

Code: Select all

[CSLinkNuke.MutUseLinkNuke]
bHealNodes=True
NodeHealRate=150
NodeHealDuration=5.000000
bHealPlayers=True
PlayerHealRate=20
PlayerHealDuration=5.000000
PlayerHealMax=199
bHealVehicles=True
VehicleHealRate=175
VehicleHealDuration=5.000000
VehicleHealMax=2500
Damage=100
RespawnTime=90
bFlipNodes=False
CoreDamage=2000
NodeDamage=0
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

With Damage=100, this will do a *very slight* amount of damage to a node, like a couple pixels of health bar. More like 'tickle' than 'damage'. It won't even kill a player unless you hit them directly with the link nuke.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:02 pm With Damage=100, this will do a *very slight* amount of damage to a node, like a couple pixels of health bar. More like 'tickle' than 'damage'. It won't even kill a player unless you hit them directly with the link nuke.
Oh, I guess the further from the blast the less damage it does?

I was advocating for no damage at all in the other thread, but I guess let's see how it does. I really just want to stop people from wasting it by using it as a regular nuke, and it was too OP before, broke overall gameplay.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So maybe put the Damage back up to 251?
It is kind of nice to wipe out enemy foot soldiers/vehicles with it at an open node.

Does Damage reduce farther from impact? Hate to say it but it would almost be nice to just have it do straight up damage vs. 10x multiplier for vehicles. I guess the question is do we want it to clear out the enemies *and* build the node or just build the node and heal friendlies?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yep damage is less the further away you are.

We can add all those features, e.g. configurable pawn damage and vehicle damage (just remove 10x multiplier), straight damage vs radial damage. Main problem is I'm getting tired of modding that thing :o :lol:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:21 pm Yep damage is less the further away you are.

We can add all those features, e.g. configurable pawn damage and vehicle damage (just remove 10x multiplier), straight damage vs radial damage. Main problem is I'm getting tired of modding that thing :o :lol:
Sorry… I just personally dislike it in general, feel like it’s way OP when it kills everyone AND heals a node. If we’re going for balance as we do in most things, it should be more an anti-nuke and do no damage and only heal.

Either way, the old version got wasted a lot as a regular nuke. And if one team had the link nuke wasters and the other team used it “correctly,” it was hard to overcome the handicap. It’s just like when the stains waste the one or two flyers you have and the other team lets Leon/Xexx have theirs.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

It seemed to be fine in terms of the small amount of damage it now does. Definitely reduces it to more of just a link nuke.

There was a complaint about the link nuke in general. Candylick made a comment on Dria Randomizer last night, “the link nuke determines the outcome.” At least it came off as a complaint.
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

There was a complaint about the link nuke in general. Candylick made a comment on Dria Randomizer last night, “the link nuke determines the outcome.” At least it came off as a complaint.
And the Mino, Ion Tank, Levi, Warhawk, etc don't?

One thing we can do is increase the respawn time. Right now its 90 seconds. Maybe make it 120 (2 minutes) same as the mino usually?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:54 pm
And the Mino, Ion Tank, Levi, Warhawk, etc don't?

One thing we can do is increase the respawn time. Right now its 90 seconds. Maybe make it 120 (2 minutes) same as the mino usually?
I’d be fine with that.

I get your point about the OP vehicles, but while they can take out nodes quickly/instantly, they can’t do what the link nuke does and build them instantly. Building nodes is by far the hardest thing to do in this game, and that typically requires some level of teamwork. The link nuke negates that need and cheapens the teamwork needed for building.

And, like I said before, all it takes to screw otherwise balanced teams is for one team to have one prolific link nuke camper/waster while the other team uses it effectively. I’m hoping the fact it no longer takes out a node causes them to stop wasting it.
― Mark Twain