pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Updated Slated World V4

Post by pooty »

SlatedWorld-BigAl-V4.
Falcons replaced with Standard V3 Falcons
Auroras replaced with Standard Omni Auroras
Wasps, same, but repackaged as Yellow Jacket Wasp (essentially the original more powerful wasp, than Series II). I could add this more powerful wasp to randomizers down the road..
Replaced Goliaths at core with GIIs.
Replaced Cerebus Truck at 5/6 with Fire Hound.
Replaced Banshee with Wraith.

Rebuilit with RGB8.

On the server.
Enyo

Re: Updated Slated World V4

Post by Enyo »

Awesome! Just an idea, but would you consider making a randomizer version of Slated? Would be fun to mix it up and have flyers like the Starbolt, Chupa, Predator and even the Omega on here. It might even get the map voted for a little more often since Randomizers seem to be most liked/voted.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

How crazy would it be to have a tank/bender/scorp version of this map? There are ramps, after all. Maybe the dropship and Heliux as the only flyers?

I'm selfishly not in favor of a Randomizer version because right now I'd never be able to play it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Why can't you play randomizers?

I have a larger version of slated that Lagzilla started, but I never finished. It has more ground vehicles and even a vehicle teleporter...
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

pooty wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:53 am Why can't you play randomizers?

I have a larger version of slated that Lagzilla started, but I never finished. It has more ground vehicles and even a vehicle teleporter...
I dont know but i started that other thread about it. A few months ago I became unable to load randomizer maps. It just gets stuck on the loading screen (the one with the picture). Someone else said they have the same problem but I dont remember who.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Look in your ~/Library/Caches folder for the UT2004 cache and delete it.
infinitecat

Post by infinitecat »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:24 pm

I dont know but i started that other thread about it. A few months ago I became unable to load randomizer maps. It just gets stuck on the loading screen (the one with the picture). Someone else said they have the same problem but I dont remember who.
I have the same problem, Yeahhhh(etc). I believe you run Unreal on an older Mac, as do I. There is something in the code that is alien to our creaky old OS's. (10.6.8 here.)
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Enyo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:55 pm but would you consider making a randomizer version of Slated?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:24 pm How crazy would it be to have a tank/bender/scorp version of this map?
Bad ideas all around. Slated is a unique classic, do we really want to lose it? There are enough randomizers.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I have the same problem, Yeahhhh(etc). I believe you run Unreal on an older Mac, as do I. There is something in the code that is alien to our creaky old OS's. (10.6.8 here.)
There's nothing in the code that should mess with the client. It simply replaces vehicle classes in the factories on the map at runtime.
Can either of you play ChainsIsle or MagicIsle? Both of those have random vehicle factories in them which do the same thing.

Bad ideas all around. Slated is a unique classic, do we really want to lose it? There are enough randomizers.
The Slated, as is, with just the current version vehicle updates is staying as is. There might be other versions but that one is inviolate.

I'll bump the larger slated up the queue after I finish the current map I am working on.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

infinitecat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:00 pm
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:24 pm

Interesting. I haven't tried on my 10.6.8 computer but I'll take your word for it. The iMac I usually play on is 10.13.6 and it has that problem. My laoptop at 12.7.1 is apparently too cool for school and won't even install UT.