New Map. Platinum Mining Corporation

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

New Map. Platinum Mining Corporation

Post by pooty »

Perhaps you never heard of Platinum Mining Corporation? This was the company that mines the Minocite, the rare mineral used in powering Minotaur tank shells and Minotaur armor. Having developed the original Minotaur tank, PMC was sought after by several conglomerates as well as several major planetary governments. However, after a fierce bidding war, several "shoot them in the back Leon style" competitor removals, and more than few unsubtantiated accusations of "hax!", OmnipotentS has obtained the premier mining facility:

ONS-PMC-)o(-V1-Beta1.ut2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: New Map. Platinum Mining Corporation

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

People hated it as usual, but I think with time this can be a keeper

-The center tunnel is a cool moment. I was able to take our mino straight to the enemy core at the perfect time. I'd be up for an Omnimino to make that part more critical but the classic is good too.
-EONS scorps would make the tunnel fun. Somewhat of a joust feel. Or Tarantulas since they're so fast
-The elevator at the beginning might be frustrating with full server. Once people know where the flyers are, that'll get crowded.

If we can resist the urge to make it a flyer map that'd be cool. But I understand if that's what happens.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Figures. Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping to play it, but kids/dogs interfered.

Its a bit simpler than most since the more complex ones (like Magnanimous) seem to be too much for our wash, rinse, repeat players.

I think adding a few EONS Scorps (Link ones are too powerful to have like 4 or 5 per team).

And I am pretty sure too many flyers just would wreck it as the terrain/hills no longer matter, and the trucks/tanks become useless.

I think the big Mino would be too much in the tunnel with the blast radius.

I also thought maybe a good shield tank at the core (maybe instead of artillery) would help in the tunnel and offset the mino.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-PMC-)o(-V1-Beta2.ut2
- Replaced Artillery with Aegis.
- Added some EONS / Boost Scorps
- Added Teleporters to the cores to both Mantas and Flyers.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

The map lore is top tier. I wish we had more map lores!

Was there a bio tank? I wouldn't mind a bio/dropship combo to take out the kraken. If one gets setup you'd waste a lot of resources to take it out and by then you lose the map.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Super Sanka wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:44 am The map lore is top tier. I wish we had more map lores!
They usually have something. Here is Minus
As the last of the 20th century cities is abandoned and cleared to make way for futuristic development, a new temporary onslaught arena is found before the demolition starts. ONS-Minus is a large onslaught map set in a vast sun-drenched classic cityscape.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The map lore is top tier. I wish we had more map lores!
Thanks!
Was there a bio tank? I wouldn't mind a bio/dropship combo to take out the kraken. If one gets setup you'd waste a lot of resources to take it out and by then you lose the map.
I think the Tiamat (Small Kraken) is a bit much. Mostly because of seat 3. Lasers take out the flyers pretty easy, and once its set up in a good spot it can blast tanks on approach.... I might replace it with a Shocker, it will be less powerful but still strong enough.

I think it needs a few more flyers at the core, maybe one more manta, and one more raptor, I think you suggested Venom, was that the goo Venom or the GPolice Venom?

I also think one more decent tank, there's three avenues of attack/defend, it'd be good to have three mantas, three flyers, three big tanks, with Trucks and Scorps for support. I guess technically the Aegis is a Tank, maybe that should be Dark Paladin to be able to race to the primaries to recover them....
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Fire tank is my vote. That smokescreen would be cool in the tunnel. 2nd vote is plasma tank because those blasts would be pretty devastating in a narrow space like that.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-PMC-)o(-V1-Beta3.ut2
- Replaced Aegis with DarkPaladin at Core
- Added Plasma Tank to cores
- Added goo Venom, Manta Mirage to Cores.
- Few other vehicle tweaks, cleanup
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think it played pretty well. I think it will take some strategy since its a large map with few nodes, having someone defend seems prudent.
Middle nodes are key for cutoffs on the end arounds.