Map lists

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Map lists

Post by pooty »

Is it arena randomizer style or does it always have MegaBadgers?
It does have a chance for Arena style. But mostly its regular randomizer, some flyers, but no OP flyers.
Rhamp

Post by Rhamp »

I'm definitely against restricting maps with a map list, as it will just lead to people not playing on days that don't have their favorite maps. I don't mind playing dria, minus, junk every night, as those maps are fun, the problem is playing duplicates of those maps multiple times in a night. If I've played a junkyard map, I don't want to play the others, same with minus.

Here is my proposed solution, though I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement it. Every time a map that has multiple variations is played, all other variations of the map are counted as played and can't be voted on until it rotates back in. That way, if players want to play minus, they would vote for the version of minus they want to play the most instead of doing badger, tmu randomizer, kitchensink randomizer all in one night. Maybe also make it so this only applies if there are a certain number of players on, that way it doesn't feel like you are wasting a map waiting for everyone else to get on.

This should make it so there is more room for other maps to be played since it won't just be the minus, dria, junk spam every night.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

PS: For those who are Brady Bunch ignorant, this is a play on Jan bitching about Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! https://youtu.be/ICVXf8Vznec?si=6SFCpKlx_UCFoJqy&t=81 Hmm, zound potential right here.
-marcia

Already there...

So the voting/map lists is pretty restrictive as is.. you can have map lists to vote or not. Without writing a custom vote handler there's no way to mark off other version of a map.

Our present solution is for users to allow admins some leeway in "Admin's choice" to force maps, especially if its doing JY, Minus, JY, Minus.