Someone went all Junkyard, Forest Junkyard

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Someone went all Junkyard, Forest Junkyard

Post by pooty »

During the height of the Liandri Tournaments, the Liandri Corporation had a problem with disposing of all the wrecked vehicles, infrastructure, power cores, power nodes. It was becoming prohibitively expensive to even recycle, and as a typical overweight corporation simply began dumping this waste on available planets.... One planet, only identified as LV-42, a lush forest planet was one such receipient. However, increasing cost pressures forced this planet into double duty: dumping ground as well as Onslaught Arena...

Historical note, over many years the junk was so prolific that the Forest planet fell out of favor for tournaments... In typical Liandri fashion there isn't a problem a large Redeemer couldn't fix, and blasted the planet from orbit repeatedly... turning the lush forest into a Desert wasteland..and even then some of the junk survived.

Many years later, likely due to slight orbital offset from repeated nukes... the planet quickly devolved in to a Frozen wasteland, depending on the path of the elliptical orbit... so at times this once lush, and more importantly habitable planet, now alternates between scorching Desert and Arctic desolation....

Introducing ONS-ForestJunkYard-)o(-Randomizer-V1

(Sorry if you're crying about another Junkyard...)
This one is a bit different, one there's trees, so its not nearly as wide open. Made several terrain tweaks as well.

Vehicle loadout is still randomizer, but there's no fixed factories except the Mino.
There's a MAS spawn at each core, and spawns a random MAS. MAS do NOT spawn at nodes.
Each core has three flyer spawns... two of these randomly spawn Raptor Types, the other DualAttackCraft types. One important note, unlike the node randomized factories which spawn identical vehicles at paired nodes.. these core nodes spawn their types randomly. One team might get Falcon, FlareRaptor, the other might get Aurora and Phoenix. Same with Dual Attack.
Core also has Random Manta Spawn.

"But wait.. .pOOty that's not fair!" - Neither is Anon or Sanka's aim, nor is life. Deal with it :ugeek:

Rest are typical Randomizers (which might include flyers as well).

Now the rest of the nodes work like the usual randomizer. However I removed several of the OP/Broken flyers (No Omega, No Starbolt, etc). Also removed some unpopular vehicles and other "broken" ones (Wyvern, NodeRunner -- if you can out run projectiles generally its broke). I think there's a mech in there, but not all of them. It should end up mostly tanks, but the mantas change it a bit, and you could end up with a flyer heavy round., more flyers than Desert, and not as much of a free for all like Arctic.....
Anonymous.

Re: Someone went all Junkyard, Forest Junkyard

Post by Anonymous. »

I believe the GPolice Venom is the old one, as it's less vulnerable to lightning gun than the new one? Otherwise was fun. The fog/skybox color was bugging me but it was a minor thing (and personal choice).
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I wanted to see it so I played a round, but it's just more junkyard. I can see it being popular already. I had to nope out after already playing DJY and AJY tonight. -leon-map2

Now we just need a lava junkyard :lol:
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah, Snarf, I figured it was going to be different, but not that different.

I'll check and update the Venom.

I think I want to pull some of the flyers out of the normal randomizer mix... since there's three dedicated flyer spawns at the core, and the trees give the flyers a huge advantage.

Hmm Lava Junkyard, red terrain glowing pools of lava under a night sky... might be pretty cool, especially if lava pool were deadly and you could push tanks into them....
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:50 am I think I want to pull some of the flyers out of the normal randomizer mix... since there's three dedicated flyer spawns at the core, and the trees give the flyers a huge advantage.
Ugh, please don’t. We already have Djunk Randomizer with almost exclusively tanks. I know, Arctic Junk has all the flyer, but this one was sorta in between.

Plenty of flyers here, but you already nixed the “broken” ones. We have soooo many tank heavy maps but so few flyer heavy maps that snarf could only name 2. And this isn’t a flyer heavy map, so please quit dogging on the damned flyers please. Yes trees give them cover, but someone made a good point that the trees give ground vehicles cover too. That’s what made this map feel different at all.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ugh, please don’t. We already have Djunk Randomizer with almost exclusively tanks. I know, Arctic Junk has all the flyer, but this one was sorta in between.
Goal was to make it in between, yes. Think of this as a slight tweak...

You'll still ALWAYS get flyers at the core, including the good ones. There's three flyer spawns there...

At the nodes/regular core spawns I removed Aurora, YJWasp, GPolice Venom, Wraith and Dragon as being too powerful at nodes. For example those spawn at 6/8 easily kill 4/5....

But you can still get Raptor, Cicada, Falcon, Phoenix, Goo Venom, Hammerhead, WaspII, FlareRaptor, Skyminer, Reaper and theres still a chance to get a CSBomber or BioBomber at Node/regular core spawns. So plenty of flyers, just not the big power ones -- you could argue Bombers are power, which I'd agree, but always fun to hit the jackpot loadout and those are easier to kill than the list above.... And since they are at nodes, likey each team would get one.
pooty

Post by pooty »

V2 on the server..
Vehicle changes more or less detailed below.
Some minor clean up on trees/terrain.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:31 am V2 on the server..
Vehicle changes more or less detailed below.
Some minor clean up on trees/terrain.
Pooty you were saying something the other day about Forest junk having too many flyers… reading this thread you already did that and it shows. Played it last night and hardly any flyers spawned at any nodes, including core. Maybe need to swing the pendulum back the other way a bit.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I didn't remove any flyers in V2, except the OP ones at certain nodes. You can still get many other flyers. That's the luck of of the Rando, you might get flyer heavy, might not.

I don't think it has too many flyers, what I said was with the trees the flyers, even the weaker ones, have more advantage since they can hide from lasers, and that was the part of the rationale for changing the mix to remove the "Aurora, YJWasp, GPolice Venom, Wraith and Dragon as being too powerful at nodes" You can still get " Raptor, Cicada, Falcon, Phoenix, Goo Venom, Hammerhead, WaspII, FlareRaptor, Skyminer, Reaper and theres still a chance to get a CSBomber or BioBomber at Node/regular core spawns" doesn't mean though its always going to happen.

Remember the cores now always gets potentially anything (and more likely since cores have many more vehicle poitns), plus three fixed flyer spawns.

I can double check, but I think the mix is probably 60/40 ish on ground vs. air.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am I can double check, but I think the mix is probably 60/40 ish on ground vs. air.
Right, and that sucks! Why not at least 50/50? We have Djunk that's 95% ground, Ajunk that seems to always spawn lots of flyers. We don't need another one that's mostly tanks, but a 50/50 split is a good in between. Last night was like playing Djunk with trees.

Ans since you downgraded the amount of more powerful flyers, now we get tons of regular Raptors, Noderunners and Mantas.
― Mark Twain