Wth

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
FuriousRabbit

Re: Wth

Post by FuriousRabbit »

DW>RESURRECTION wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:14 am
FuriousRabbit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:36 am Res, you should arrange a 1v1 against Anon so you can better understand the skill gap between you and him. He is not above teaching you what he can as well and you might find it fun.
Brother, I know Anon is better then me . No pride there :) I'm not like Leon and rage over it. I just dont believe everything is on the up and up.
My point is the same as Snarf's, you (and I) lack the skills to make an assessment of cheating. Your assessment is based on beliefs founded on your own capabilities and is not objective.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Enyo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:25 pm
pooty wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:52 am Now if you want to debate whether Anon's play drives people from the server perhaps it does, but should we start handing out bans based on suspicions?
That is the better question to ask. If he's straight up that good, it's obviously not a challenge for him here whatsoever. I guess he's just one of those creeps that gets some perverse joy out of punching down on an entire server of casual gamers, and further gets a kick out of making them not want to play at all.
:roll: Your win % is higher than Anon and if you are also not a creep, you should be asking for a higher multiplier so you get more of a challenge.

It's the job of the balancer to appropriately mix skill levels. Frankly, if all players were the same, there'd be nothing to learn and it would be more boring.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:56 pm :roll: Your win % is higher than Anon and if you are also not a creep, you should be asking for a higher multiplier so you get more of a challenge.
It's the job of the balancer to appropriately mix skill levels. Frankly, if all players were the same, there'd be nothing to learn and it would be more boring.
1) Not sure how win % is relevant to this conversation as this is a team game where nobody wins on their own accord - besides, my win % has gone down 2 pts over the last few months, likely due to the multipliers balancing teams better.

2) We're talking about players with high-level DM skills that are clearly in a different category than casual ONS gamers. I'm a casual ONS gamer... the very good DMers like Anon, Cali and Sanka all think I suck, and compared to their DM abilities I do.

3) I already have a higher multiplier than everyone but Anon, and those are decided by pooty and snarf on a subjective basis that takes into account the whole player. Ever notice the balancer never puts me and Anon on the same team?

4) This is a discussion about potentially superhuman DM skills, not team balance. Besides, the balancer doesn't balance skill level, only PPH. There are far more skills necessary (DM being only one of them) to be good at ONS than PPH encompasses.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Enyo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:25 pm That is the better question to ask. If he's straight up that good, it's obviously not a challenge for him here whatsoever. I guess he's just one of those creeps that gets some perverse joy out of punching down on an entire server of casual gamers, and further gets a kick out of making them not want to play at all.
DW>RESURRECTION

Post by DW>RESURRECTION »

@Pooty

Sir , I beg to differ on being easily caught. Since I found the hack and tried to see if it worked. Then I told admin. Posted it to the forum to prove it. Afterwards , you guys checked and found logs of it. Is not being caught. I was up front the whole time. It was only that one time. The GUI2K4.dll file is something you PM me about, I didnt erase that file and your AntiTCC picked it up. I am not that savvy about this kinda stuff. No one can ever say I am using a hack. Thats just something I dont do and my game play shows it. Never has a group of players called me a hacker. If they had it should be debatable.

otherwise Thank you for your valued input
DW>RESURRECTION

Post by DW>RESURRECTION »

@Enyo

We are not talking about if I am dissing admin from time to time. It was about on the DAY OF the ban. Never mind it doesn't matter. I think you need to study the available hacks to know what to look for. A Trigger Bot will look as if the player had a direct line of shot. But it'll happen at the exact distance each time of approach. Or the one Founder was talking about , where someone just appears. It will take an admin dedicated to spectating said individual to find the discrepancies. Was so much easier when Atari would do this for ya and ban from the master server. Anyways , I am not dissing admin. I'm just saying in my opinion and thats all it is. Admin wont do anything = Spec said individual which takes time and effort. And I get wanting to play the game. But IMHO being admin comes with this responsibility so others can enjoy.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Enyo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:54 pm Not sure how win % is relevant ... We're talking about ... I already have ... This is a discussion about ...
Your hypocrisy is astounding. I have heard you complain to Pooty, while on a losing streak, that your multiplier was too high. You value winning (shown by win % in the stats) versus a challenge (more difficult to win). Fine, whatever. But it is absurd for you to accuse others of this and call them creeps and perverse in the process. I will add that Anon takes a loss much more graciously than you do.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

FuriousRabbit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:18 pm
Enyo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:54 pm Not sure how win % is relevant ... We're talking about ... I already have ... This is a discussion about ...
Your hypocrisy is astounding. I have heard you complain to Pooty, while on a losing streak, that your multiplier was too high. You value winning (shown by win % in the stats) versus a challenge (more difficult to win). Fine, whatever. But it is absurd for you to accuse others of this and call them creeps and perverse in the process. I will add that Anon takes a loss much more graciously than you do.
That’s because at one point my multiplier was higher than everyone on the entire server, and some players needed higher multipliers or didn’t have them at all, like you for instance. Pooty agreed it was not right, teams were constantly fucked at the time. So fuck off on things you know next to nothing about. Or, maybe ask questions before exhibiting your ignorance. Or, better yet, offer up an actual opinion on the original thread instead of slinging shit at me. Or, you can just keep being an Anon bootlicker.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sir , I beg to differ on being easily caught. Since I found the hack and tried to see if it worked. Then I told admin. Posted it to the forum to prove it. Afterwards , you guys checked and found logs of it. Is not being caught. I was up front the whole time. It was only that one time. The GUI2K4.dll file is something you PM me about, I didnt erase that file and your AntiTCC picked it up. I am not that savvy about this kinda stuff.
I am not that savvy about this kinda stuff.
Several of us are. Like I said Snarf and I do this kind of thing for real money.

And: The logs happen all the time. You were caught. Read that again, easily caught. The human part of it is reading/checking the logs. As I said, we don't have it set to autokick, since we don't want to kick folks for false positives. Could you play for a day or a week or whatever until an Admin reviews the logs? Sure, but this job pays like shit, so it gets checked when admins have time. Spending time checking for cheats takes away from everything else...

Yes, RES, it was the one time, but my post was simply to refute that you tried two different hacks and the server caught you. Sorry you weren't punished immediately.

Yes, several DLL and .EXE files are checked.

That being said, the server is the authority for assigning damage, health, hits etc. Any of those hacks manipulate the data being sent from client to server. Its next to impossible to manipulate the server, as there's no path to change things there from a client.

Bottom line we make a best effort using what we have to check for any hacks. Is it possible someone can hack and not get caught, yes. I know several ways to do it, since I understand some of the game code...and many of those ways are checked, including spectating players -- multiple admins do this.... ;) And yes Trigger bot is pretty obvious.

And back on topic.
1. No hacks have ever been detected on Anon or California, Sanka, Nautikal etc for that matter.
2. We aren't going to ban someone for being too good. I suppose you all could kick vote them, but there won't be any admin action without proof, and being "better than you" isn't proof. Mamy of the players do things I cannot do as far as aim, re-action etc... doesn't mean they are cheating.
3. Please don't debate/complain in game. Complain/Debate here all you want, but lets not disrupt gametime play with this.

WRT to balancer. Ideally everyone should have 50% win rate, all things being equal. As Enyo described multipliers are set to help bridge the gap between imperfect PPH and players than have unique skills (like being a great sniper, but not an aggressive node builder). Its WAY better than it was on the old server. Joins/Leaves are often the culprit when a match gets really unbalanced...just how it is, and I am sure no one wants to wait to play...

In fact, many of us admins have put in countless hours making the server better, is everything perfect? Nope. Will it ever be? Likely no.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

Enyo wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:46 amSo fuck off on things you know next to nothing about. Or, maybe ask questions before exhibiting your ignorance. Or, better yet, offer up an actual opinion on the original thread instead of slinging shit at me. Or, you can just keep being an Anon bootlicker.
You're the one slinging shit calling others "perverse creep" for playing a game for fun, while not realizing that you would be doing essentially the same. Your jewish sociopath brain is severely dysfunctional.