Wth

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
DW>RESURRECTION
Server Sponsor: Yes

Wth

Post by DW>RESURRECTION »

Snarf why did you kick me ??? because I was texting in spec mode ? Several of us were watching Anon, because of his unbelievable hit ratio. We dont believe he is as good as he seems . I would imaging you don't like or approve of hearing what you don't like. Like a baby, you kick me ! But this will not change the fact that many especially now think Anon is a hack. This means no matter what you think. Soon ppl won't wanna play. Hence four of us in spec mode. And the fact that you are acting like we cant address the subject is bullshit. If you didn't rely on Anon's computer expertise and he was just another player. I would beat things would be different. Even your admin speak ill of Anon. Are we all crazy ? Or do you have agenda.
captainsnarf
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Wth

Post by captainsnarf »

I kicked you because you were saying admins do nothing about it and then continually dissing the admins, all while sitting in spec. It contributed nothing to the game we were trying to play.

We have two years of debate over it, dozens of videos, and antiTCC scans of different installs of his. We have not found anything. He's not cheating. There is zero evidence. You give me hard evidence and I will ban him myself, but until then keep the accusations off the server and bring it here. Constant accusations on the server only results in a witch hunt. Leon and Xexx were accused for a while and that turned into a witch hunt too. It's toxic to the server, soon every player that aims like a stormtrooper starts accusing. Nobody can believe that someone that has been playing a game competitively for twenty years can be good at it. It's quite sad honestly. If you had a fist fight against Mike Tyson or a hockey game against Wayne Gretsky would you say they are cheating too? He's one of the best players still playing this game. Maybe he's too good for our server but that is a different debate.
FuriousRabbit

Post by FuriousRabbit »

Res, you should arrange a 1v1 against Anon so you can better understand the skill gap between you and him. He is not above teaching you what he can as well and you might find it fun.
DW>RESURRECTION

I didn't continually dissing the admins. I said YOU do nothing about it. Love how you try to justify kicking me by painting a different picture. Plus it wasn't a constant conversation of accusations. And even if it had been. Omni should be willing to hear the majority and let others feel free of expression. Please don't make it about the fact that your research shows nothing. Most of you couldnt catch someone unless it was blatantly obvious. Shadow comes to mind. Until on day he told someone on another server what he was using. Then I did as he instructed and baam. Omni antiTCC didnt pick it up. When I told other admin. It was " NO WAY IMPOSSIBLE " ! Then I posted it on this forum to prove it ,and I was threaten to be banned forever. What in the backwoods kinda shit is that ??? Same file renamed and replace with another system DLL file. Back in business! And you tell me its not possible that someone can cheat.

Look, all I am saying is that several players feel something is off about Anon. Good computer system and ping only do so much.
Buschmaster & Man-Bear-Pig swore they shot Anon several times point blank and nothing. Ankeedo , Me , Merc , Xexx , Cornbread (I think) and others all calling it the way we see it . If your good ? Hats off to you ! But when you have more HP then Anon and in the same vehicle and they collide. You die and Anon doesnt ?? WTH ? He's in a bender and your directly hitting with a barrage of rounds ,causing the bender to flop around and he cant hit you. Then last minute he jumps out and split second hits you. Your dead WTH ? Both you and Anon are a few feet apart. Shooting at each other then while firing at the same time. His firing becomes a split sec faster and hits you before you can hit back. WTH? Even Enyo has been playing for several years has a hard time with Anon.

If Anon knows some secret about scaling up your game play. Then tell us all so we can all do our best. This will make for a better gaming experience. Something tells me you'll need to corrupt the system files to have that advantage.

Again , I only said that YOU Snarf ! You wont kick Anon because he helps with your coding. Even other Admin doubt Anon... Far from dissing any admin.
DW>RESURRECTION

FuriousRabbit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:36 am Res, you should arrange a 1v1 against Anon so you can better understand the skill gap between you and him. He is not above teaching you what he can as well and you might find it fun.
Brother, I know Anon is better then me . No pride there :) I'm not like Leon and rage over it. I just dont believe everything is on the up and up.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

I'm not unique, there are many people that are better. It's a large world out there, this server is just a small island. And I'm not a programmer.

California

Post by California »

RES, I hope that you and Merc are able to locate where the magic is someday. I do know, however, that the magic is not found on the island of jacked up mouse sensitivity-where you and many others have built their homes. May Her Holiness watch over and guide you.
Nah bro I’m sweet.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Anonymous. wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:16 am ...
I'm going to dispute this graph. Ankeedo has definitely gotten better aiming lately, even with his shitty Iraqi internet latency.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Can't disagree much with the distribution.

So a couple of things.

There's two items for debate:
1. Is Anon Cheating?
2. Do the really good players drive the lesser players away

I'll address the first one.
I personally, at the request of many including other admins, looking for hacks/cheats etc. Hours, Days. And Res if you want to debate tech skills bring it on...between Snarf and I its probably 60+ years of professional programming/tech skills.
lease don't make it about the fact that your research shows nothing. Most of you couldnt catch someone unless it was blatantly obvious. Shadow comes to mind. Until on day he told someone on another server what he was using. Then I did as he instructed and baam. Omni antiTCC didnt pick it up. When I told other admin. It was " NO WAY IMPOSSIBLE "
This is bullshit. Way back you (DW>RES) installed a hack and were EASILY caught by AntiTCC.

However, your clumsy attempt to prove we would miss it failed miserably -- it was BLATANTLY OBVIOUS. Since you brought it up here's the AntiTCC logs that caught YOU. So don't try to spin it otherwise.

Code: Select all

2021-06-27 21:32:29] - [INSECURE CLIENT] DW>RESURRECTION [ GUID REDACTED ] IP: IP REDACTED Security ID: 17 using v3369, security state: Secure
[2021-06-27 21:32:29] - Found disallowed prefetch file(s) 'EPIC.RADAR.V1.7.EXE-E2828632.pf'
[2021-06-27 21:32:29] - Matching default prefetch blacklist wildcard '*Epic*Radar*-????????.pf'
[2021-06-27 21:32:29] - (Please check that there's actually a match, otherwise it's a false positive.)

[INSECURE CLIENT] DW>RESURRECTION  [ GUID REDACTED ] IP: IP REDACTEDSecurity ID: 13 using v3369, security state: Secure
[2021-06-04 23:02:32] - Found disallowed file(s) 'GUI2K4.dll'
[2021-06-04 23:02:32] - Matching default blacklist wildcard 'GUI2k4.dll'
Damn lucky you weren't banned on the spot. Installing and running hacks without admin permission for a test is a bannable offense. We cut you some slack... BTW there's currently 8 players/guids banned for cheating -- caught and banned -- none of them were really any good and likely noobs.

Is there a way to bypass AntiTCC sure.. there's a bunch of ways you could potentially hack, its a 20+ year old engine, with the source code available. There's multiple checks, AntiTCC and others I won't go into. It sure as shit isn't going to be full time job to check for cheats either, no ones going to read the logs pour through games and wasting all that time..everyday. All the admins here volunteer their time. We don't set AntiTCC to autokick in case there's false positives and it takes time to run/admin all this ...

Just to be clear to date, there's been ZERO evidence of Anon (or California, Sanka, Xexx, Leon etc) of cheating. And if Shadow was cheating, that's just laughable :roll: ...he was certainly average at best (Sorry Shadow). RES if you think you have some other magic by all means PM me. And we do check the system files thank you. There's at least 3 other checks we run in addition to AntiTCC that I won't detail.

I'll share another example of where the stains thought Anon was cheating/wall hack/radar, he'd nail someone coming through a doorway and the whines of he's cheating filled the air, until we checked and realized you could go third person, and zoom back stand next to the door and see if anyone is coming while behind the wall -- sure it shouldn't be like that, but that's a game/engine limitation not some nefarious hack.

Now I'll say Anon does do some shit that I personally often find unbelievable (and often frustrating) so I get it. He's admitted to spending time and money optimizing his setup. And both him and California have shared tips.

RES, I think you're a military guy right? Every guy a pistol expert or Sniper? Nope. I bet some of the SpecOps guys can shoot so well that the average person would be like NFW.

I'll share another story (and those that have heard it apologize in advance)... back in the day playing Half-Life via LAN, we swore one of our buddies was cheating as he was basically mopping the floor with us, head shots, etc. So we switched computers... he played on mine. He changed some key layouts but nothing else.... and he proceeded to mop the floor with us. Point being, just because someone may be better, even much better doesn't mean they are cheating.

Can I say 100% Anon isn't cheating? Nope. Can't say that about anyone else either.

But running around claiming hacks, and stirring up the rest of the less skilled, less technical players that there's some magic going on isn't acceptable in game. Want to debate it here feel free. In game, no. Posting hack sites here or in game = ban. We don't need a bunch of people "trying" to cheat and fucking up the server.

Now if you want to debate whether Anon's play drives people from the server perhaps it does, but should we start handing out bans based on suspicions?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Dw>Res, you're full of BS... you've previously dissed other OMNI admins "for doing nothing" about suspected cheating. I've personally heard you say it to me and pooty directly. You're also full of it to say you fooled OMNI's antiTCC... as pooty proved you were caught (twice!) supposedly "testing" our defenses. We addressed you directly and warned of permanently being banned if caught again.

And you absolutely have freedom to voice concerns HERE ON THE FORUM. Snarf's point and reason for the kick is don't do it incessantly in game because it's a disruption to gameplay and the voice/text chat. Instead bring it to the forum for discussion. And if you have any kind of proof of ways to cheat undetected, you've yet to offer up any concrete details or evidence to the admins. The hack you unsuccessfully tried to sneak thru doesn't meet the threshold.
pooty wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:52 am Now if you want to debate whether Anon's play drives people from the server perhaps it does, but should we start handing out bans based on suspicions?
That is the better question to ask. If he's straight up that good, it's obviously not a challenge for him here whatsoever. I guess he's just one of those creeps that gets some perverse joy out of punching down on an entire server of casual gamers, and further gets a kick out of making them not want to play at all.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain