Alternate Game Modes For Small Server Numbers

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Alternate Game Modes For Small Server Numbers

Post by pooty »

lol, I’ve been using Photoshop professionally for 26 years, since version 4, and I’m an Adobe certified Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign expert.
You should be our official texture editor!
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:31 am
lol, I’ve been using Photoshop professionally for 26 years, since version 4, and I’m an Adobe certified Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign expert.
You should be our official texture editor!
Would be happy to! Nobody’s ever asked and I’m not sure how they work. Those textures look like a mess flat, so how do you know how it looks until it’s on the vehicle?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Without loading into a 3D program you really can't tell.

Here is guppy bomber red

You can see how I put the omni logo on the tail fin. How do I know that specific blob is the tail fin? trial and error :cry:
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:06 pm Without loading into a 3D program you really can't tell.

You can see how I put the omni logo on the tail fin. How do I know that specific blob is the tail fin? trial and error :cry:
I’m happy to give it a shot, how can I get the 3D models and skins for the vehicles?

And can I import the 3D models into another program to put the skin on for testing?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

There are some instructions here

viewtopic.php?t=769&sid=b772890dd098340 ... 8bd904d83b

You should pick a vehicle to get started with and let Pooty and I help guide you through the maze of the editor and packages. Like, if you wanted to update the mino, here are the relevant items

tank base is here

but tank turret is here

and mino textures are here

It looks like when omnitaur was made, they took classic minotaur textures and applied red-orange filter and blue-green filter. Easy 5 minute job but it could be so much cooler.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Nice thing is you can update the texture file, save it and play to see the changes. You don't really need to worry about any coding or config.
Just imported the updated image in the editor, save texture file and go...
But I would say don't overwrite or save any existing textures that aren't Omni specific, since you'll overwrite the ones that come with the game -- although I am not 100% that the engine cares they match, in fact, I think the server based textures are all black since the server doesn't render and textures take up memory.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:42 am There are some instructions here

viewtopic.php?t=769&sid=b772890dd098340 ... 8bd904d83b
Cool, I’ll take a look. So, looks I can use Blender if I want to import and test textures on the 3D models? If so, where are the models and textures located in the files?

I’d rather use Blender if possible, I’m already familiar with it.
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

You'll need to use that 'UE Viewer' tool to open the .ukx files (in animations folder). You can then export to psk/psa file. Then you use the blender import psk/psa add-on to open in blender.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 am You'll need to use that 'UE Viewer' tool to open the .ukx files (in animations folder). You can then export to psk/psa file. Then you use the blender import psk/psa add-on to open in blender.
Gotcha… so then it’s prob more efficient to just view the models in the UE viewer. If I resave a texture and reopen the model in the viewer does it automatically update the texture on the model or do you have to manually bring it back in.
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I really don't know how UE viewer works