Airport Map

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Airport Map

Post by pooty »

So a couple of things...
1. I think the ion might be better at cores instead of 4/5, if you lose both other team as two ions, making it hard to come back.
2. Want to enable QuadJump

Second round was better as people learned the map.
captainsnarf

Re: Airport Map

Post by captainsnarf »

The shield tanks are pretty strong in the hangers, especially with no rockets. Are they eons crusader? maybe replace with regular old paladin.

With ion at core, couldn't you immediately start spamming their primary at map start?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes EONS Crusader. I knew Aegis would be too much, but yes maybe a regular Paladin.

I could delay the Ion spawn, like Omega in Linkermadness, for say 45s so you couldn't just grab it immediately, which should work. And then each team gets one.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Played another version of this map on another server once (prob RMD) that had a PPC instead of the ion and the flyer at the node left of the core, on the roof, was a wasp. The wasp was better at countering the PPC and the PPC was less annoying than the ion for some reason, presumably because of bad aim.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

V2.
- Moved Ion to the core with 45s delay on initial spawn.
- Scorpion assortment now at 4/5. So the big vehicles are at the cores....and then primaries.
- Regular Paladins instead of EONS Crusaders.

I've played the RMD version with the Ion, not sure I've seen the PPC version, but yes shooting into the side primaries would be harder for most in the PPC because of the arc. Wasp might be a bit much, but in such a small map it'd be easy target too. the CSGPolice Havoc is on there now, its pretty "small" and can move around easier. There's also a regular raptor which could get replaced with a wasp.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:00 am V2.
- Moved Ion to the core with 45s delay on initial spawn.
- Scorpion assortment now at 4/5. So the big vehicles are at the cores....and then primaries.
- Regular Paladins instead of EONS Crusaders.

I've played the RMD version with the Ion, not sure I've seen the PPC version, but yes shooting into the side primaries would be harder for most in the PPC because of the arc. Wasp might be a bit much, but in such a small map it'd be easy target too. the CSGPolice Havoc is on there now, its pretty "small" and can move around easier. There's also a regular raptor which could get replaced with a wasp.
Yeah, can't remember if the PPC was on RMD or another server, but I remember playing it with PPC and it was better. The wasp wasn't too much because it is so easy to kill on this map, but made it good for going after the PPC/ion. The Police Havoc sucks balls, has a broken hit box (as do all the choppers) and should just be removed from the server in favor of the Mirage Raptor.

Side note... when I mention old RMD maps, I'm referencing how they were 10 years or more ago before they went way over the top with the newer RMD vehicles and weapons - something we should try to avoid, some would say we already have. Their current version of Airport (and all their maps) is unrecognizable from what I remember playing there.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

The Police Havoc sucks balls, has a broken hit box (as do all the choppers) and should just be removed from the server in favor of the Mirage Raptor.
That reminds me I need to check the hit boxes on the Predator (different package) as well.
But I picked the Havoc precisely because it sucks, its a fairly weak flyer (although the bombs would work well here). Mirage Raptor is too OP...it needs to either have some damage reduction and/or improved shot visibility -- its really hard to see it shooting and it does ton of damage (like the Mirage Vulture also OP).

Been trying to keep maps less OP, or at least some thoughtful placement of power vehicles.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:34 pm
The Police Havoc sucks balls, has a broken hit box (as do all the choppers) and should just be removed from the server in favor of the Mirage Raptor.
That reminds me I need to check the hit boxes on the Predator (different package) as well.
But I picked the Havoc precisely because it sucks, its a fairly weak flyer (although the bombs would work well here). Mirage Raptor is too OP...it needs to either have some damage reduction and/or improved shot visibility -- its really hard to see it shooting and it does ton of damage (like the Mirage Vulture also OP).

Been trying to keep maps less OP, or at least some thoughtful placement of power vehicles.
Yep the choppers are very difficult to hit with a shock rifle. They can get pretty annoying.
pooty

Post by pooty »

V3.
- Fixed Ion spawn Delay. [Not sure why it didn't work 1st round, but the initial delay is longer and I tested it on the server]
- Replaced Roof Raptor with Wasp SeriesII at side primary
- Havoc is still on the other one (it does NOT have a bad hitbox, I checked, its actually pretty generous). Yes its fairly weak but try weapon 5 bomblets on a node works well, though. And it also blends in very well on this map.
- Added a Raptor at the Havoc node in the garage, moved hellhound out front. So each side now has three flyers (Wasp, Havoc, Raptor), and a half flyer (manta)
- 4/5 nodes: Kept the fire ant (it kills nodes quickly but you have to be close), replaced Lynx with LinkScorpion, replace Tarantula with Manta, and added slow respawning Nova as well. This should be much more of a "reward" at 4/5, and if you lose both, going to be hard to come back, especially if someone grabs the Nova and makes to enemy primary. LinkScorpion should be pretty powerful either linking Ion or fast building a node...
- Fixed Minigun turrets to team only (we don't need spammers sitting in your turret..), and reduced "driver" damage significantly, you'll still take slight damage, but before it was 1 to 1, so these should be useful.
- Replaced the Nuke Strike Painter with Redeemer II, still big blast but not quite so big and obnoxious as the strike painter.

Flyers are still pretty weak overall, by design, this isn't a flyer map, and even with the tanks, trucks and scorps, it still has a very much DM feel to it. With say 8v8, that ion isn't going to be able to sit and spam, espeically if some on foot grabs the DoubleDamage on the crane.

Also, you might notice no Avrils (sorry Coldcut) and no rockets, again by design, both take out vehicles quickly. The goal is a foot map with some vehicles support. You'll also notice the vehicle spawns are typically longer than most maps.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Can you fix the nuke where it doesn’t kill everything on the map? Like it kills thru buildings and shit where nukes usually don’t. Is it a nuke strike?
― Mark Twain