ONS-Maelstrom-LinkerMadness

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

ONS-Maelstrom-LinkerMadness

Post by pooty »

ONS-Maelstrom-LinkerMadness-V1

So I updated Maelstrom (the one with all the nodes), to have quite a few link vehicles. We haven't played it yet, AFAIK, but should be fun as the linkers will speed up the play. The way its laid out, is the the cores have the more powerful vehicles, and the farther out you get the weaker the vehicles that spawn. Should set up to have battle in the middle. You do get some reward vehicles on the center node. Each team has three flyers are the cores..I expect the Chupa will be key on this map, as well as team link support.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: ONS-Maelstrom-LinkerMadness

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I played this on a smaller server... maybe 5v5. It has potential but this is also just a super frustrating map with all the cutoffs. We just couldn't keep up with the other team. That match wasn't really a fair judgement of this map but a couple observations early on are..

-Someone can sit on the center cliffs and dominate in a Heavy Link Tank
-Having all the flyers available at the core is good. The Link Raptors seemed to dominate this map
-When behind on nodes, it's really tough to keep up with the enemy

This could all change though with more players involved
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The Link Raptors seemed to dominate this map
What happens when Enyo/Leon/Xexx get it on their team, and StainyMcStain gets yours? -ulose :lol:

Hopefully there are enough lasers to counter it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:58 am
The Link Raptors seemed to dominate this map
What happens when Enyo/Leon/Xexx get it on their team, and StainyMcStain gets yours? -ulose :lol:

Hopefully there are enough lasers to counter it.
Haven’t played the new one yet, so I don’t know how it plays yet, but…

There’s centaurs and benders on the map right? And the Heavy Goliath with the right driver/gunner can keep flyers off a huge area. And I believe this map has Avrils galore.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Benders, LinkTank whose turrets are pretty good, and turrets

So you say link tank turret dominates, but so does the Link Flyer, they should cancel out. Its probably like most LinkerMadness maps, teamwork wins quickly.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Need to play it a bit. Maybe the center line needs more reward, The very center has some good vehicles, but maybe reward vehicle or two on the mid corners.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:40 pm Benders, LinkTank whose turrets are pretty good, and turrets

So you say link tank turret dominates, but so does the Link Flyer, they should cancel out. Its probably like most LinkerMadness maps, teamwork wins quickly.
Yeah I’m not saying either should be changed. After one low count match it seemed those were the key plays though.